Closing a bank account?

I would like to close a bank account with halifax, find the overdraft too expensive etc. Can I go over and they close it quickly and will they ask me questions and stuff? As i really can't be asked to explain everything, i just want to close my account.

Favorite Answer

Closing your personal bank account is your right. While banks vary in their policies, your bank may require you to pay a very minimum service charge for closing your account, including other unpaid interests, charges, etc., which have remained past due prior to your filing of application to close your account.

Make sure all checks have cleared your bank account. As soon as your account is closed, the bank gives you the balance of the account.Physically go to your bank to close the account.You are not responsible to explain the reason but your checks should be cleared.However i can suggest you a site to find the best solution.Good luck.

• potere

last a checking and coffee fee expenses will have no consequence on your credit. in common terms credit bills count quantity in that score. by utilising the way, Forjj's advice is ineffective incorrect. last modern-day credit bills will develop your ratio of credit used vs. credit obtainable, and actual decrease your save.

You can close your account anytime because it is your account