How do I get rid of my new tabs on firefox always loading as yahoo search?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Whenever I open a new tab in Firefox it will always load as Yahoo search, can anyone give me the steps how to stop this?
Best Answer
1. Open your Firefox browser. Click on “Tools." This will bring up a list of options.

2. Scroll down the list to “Options." Click on it. This will bring up a box with multiple options.

3. Select “Main” if the box did not open with it selected by default. In the “Startup” section you will see “When Firefox starts” and a selection box.

4. Choose the option you wish from the selection box. They will be “Show my home page," “Show a blank page," and “Show my windows and tabs from last time." If you select “Show my home page," you will also need to provide a URL in the box labeled “Home page.” The buttons below the box will aid you in providing the URL. With them, you may select your current page(s), a bookmark, or your default page (Mozilla home page) to be automatically entered into the URL field. Alternatively, you may manually type in the URL of the desired page.

5. Click “Ok." If at any time you do not like the home page you have selected, repeat steps to change your home page.

Read more: How to Change a Home Page in Firefox | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4452356_change-h...

Source:

• Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (2)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • J. S answered 3 years ago
    Go to "Tools," "options," and "General." Click on "manage add-ons," go to "plugins" and disable Yahoo state addon. Ta da~
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 3 years ago
    If I told you how easy it is to get a job in this recession, you wouldn't believe me. But the truth is more employers are going online to find people just like you and me who are ready to work at a good job (one that pays good!). The only thing that makes sense is to stop wasting time driving around all day filling out a dozen applications and going from one boring low paying job to another. I found this site that pretty much matches you up with your dream job that is available in your city right now. I have found it very helpful. Go to FindMeJobNow.com
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock