Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 1 decade ago

Why do jamaicans love country and western so much?

The black comedian Lenny Henry said they do

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I was listening to a Canadian talk show on the radio (boringest thing ever and yet I listened for half an hour) and they said something about how people from certain parts of the world like music played in different times, as the guy above said, country music is played in 3/4 time. If the music in Jamaica is in the same time, that might be why. It was a long time ago so I can't recall all the details. Sorry if that made no sense.

lol OR that could just be a stereotype, I have no idea.

Oh and when you visit, we're going to listen to a french radio station. It comes from Canada. There is no music, they just talk. In French. We're going to listen to it. bahahaha.

• stick

Probably because the Jamaican people like their music played in 3/4 and 4/4 time, which is the way most Country & Western tunes are played. They love slow dancing!