Can you get turned on by...?

I was watching a tv show where a hot guy gets beaten up, is sitting in the dumpsters, and his fiance comes to his aid. Is it normal to get turned on by something like that? I don't even know if it was what u consider to be "turned on". I felt alittle hot and breathed faster.

its not that i would enjoy giving/receiving pain...its like, i want to rescue a guy in need

Why not. You probably left out a lot of details that lead up to him getting beat up and the elements that lead to your arousal are probably there (the devil is in the details). The things that get us physically aroused are quite complex and it is probably just as well we not try to understand them all or it takes the fun out of it. There are a number of scenarios that get me sexually aroused that I might see on TV or read about, but in real life would not.

Short answer yes. Some things in that whole scene came together that struck some chord with you. Sounds perfectly normal to me.

Source(s): My source is having lived a pretty long time.

There isn't a "normal" scenario or fantasy that turns someone on. Everyone is different and we all have different likes. In your case, if rescuing a guy in need turns you on, it's completely normal.

Source(s): Myself

I guess if you are a masochist and enjoy giving or receiving pain as in getting hurt on purpose.

• Jackie

Lol hot, but not turned on

im not sure woman can even get turned on unless their in their pregnant mood swings, or are having sex or having pre-sex activities