Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

can i eat a live scorpion?

my friend gets lots of small scorpions in his house. i eat crickets and worms sometimes for no reason. they're not nasty. i see on tv people cut 1/2 the tail off and they just start eating away. can i do the same? cut the tail off and start eatting away or do i have to clean it first or what?

Favorite Answer

There are lots of things seen on TV that may or may not be as it seems. But to answer your question, the stinger is on the tip of the tail and must be removed. Best to do this without getting stung. Some scorpions sting as bad as a hornet, while others just kill you. You didn't specify the type you are thinking about. Also, even if it isn't a deadly species, you can still have an allergic reaction and die. And considering it is an uncooked live animal, you can get E.coli or other infection from the feces within. Perhaps you can kill the microbes by stir frying in hot oil. So, the short answer is yes, you can eat a scorpion with proper precautions and probably live to tell about it, but the risks are not zero. Bon appetite.

• rock

Eating A Scorpion

Do some research into which ones are edible. With any scorpion, remove the stinger using a long knife that keeps your hand out of the striking range of both the claws and the stinger. A fisherman's knife is perfect. Consider tapping the scorpion by stabbing it between the head and back. Most people put several scorpions on a stick, roast them like marsh mallows, and then eat them as a kabob. It taste's quite a bit like a potato chip.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

can i eat a live scorpion?

Source(s): eat live scorpion: https://shortly.im/26AEJ

Well apart from being crazy and something which you requested we don't call you, I must say I think it's nuts... Right on for the pet stores who don't want to sell you their precious pets for lunch! Hmm. If you are going to do it any way.... Make sure, what ever you do you have someone there with you. This is for two main reasons... if something goes wrong then there will be someone who can organise some help (or life saving) and two : documentation!! If you're gonna do this, might as well put it on youtube, right?!!

• alex07

leave the creature alone, stop ploting evils against them, you have a long way to go in life, pray and seek peace.

There is nothingvreat about hurting someon's tail and thinking it's just a fun, eating stuff. Unless you know enough divine reasons for scorpion existence, do not mess with it. You are not a Marines or commando starving in enemy terroritor and must eat the scorpion.

Source(s): Your kindness not to kill the scorpions can someday return your favour, power in the smallest creations.

I would suggest take all steps for safety, and I don't recommend actually eating one live but people tend to go ahead and do crazy things when they are dangerous.

I was surprised by this, so I looked it up. People have eating live scorpions before and there is even an ehow page on it! http://www.ehow.com/how_2172604_eat-live-scorpions... check it out if you are really going to eat one.

Make sure you aren't allergic to it, and that it doesn't have any diseases. I highly recommend you don't eat one. It is highly likely that you will die. I'm sure there are people who love you and don't want you to die from something so careless.

Check to see if they are deathstalker scorpions and if so do that. We need fewer of you breeding

You're crazy! Why would you eat one?!

• Jeff

if bear grylls can do it, you can do it

Source(s): dont be a weenie. eat the stinger too. it only adds to the flavor jk