Cranberry Pancakes. Help?
My family loves pancakes with add ins. Is there a way to use cranberry sauce to make cranberry pancakes? Anyone with a recipe?
- 10 years agoFavorite Answer
Just add a couple tbsp or so to the batter.
- Anonymous10 years ago
1-1/2 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1 recipe Cranberry Syrup (see Recipe Center)
1. In a small mixing bowl combine cranberries, sugar, and orange peel; set aside. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another mixing bowl combine egg, buttermilk, orange juice, and margarine or butter. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy. Fold in cranberry mixture.
2. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle.
3. Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 1 to 2 minutes per side). Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered ovenproof dish in a 300 degree F oven. If desired, serve with Cranberry Syrup. Makes 16 pancakes.
Nutty Cranberry Pancakes: Prepare as above, except stir 1/2 cup chopped walnuts into batter.
Servings Per Recipe 16 pancakesCalories90, Total Fat (g)3, Saturated Fat (g)1, Cholesterol (mg)14, Sodium (mg)197, Carbohydrate (g)14, Fiber (g)1, Protein (g)2, Vitamin C (DV%)9, Calcium (DV%)5, Iron (DV%)4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- sweetrollLv 710 years ago
Hmmmm.... sounds like a good idea. I have been eyeballing that leftover home made cranberry relish and was thinking about something to do with it too. I have about a cup and a half and was thinking about pumpkin muffins with the cranberries thrown in the mix?