Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Whens a good time to refinance my vehicle?

I purchased a 2006 jeep commander for 15,600 and my down payment is 1,000. I purchased it in April of this year and i pay 410.00 monthly because I'm 19 a male and establishing credit. the payment doesn't bother me because i will be promoted next year on July 1st. I'm sure so far Ive paid a great deal. i just wouldn't mind some extra cash. A friend told me to wait to the 1 year mark.

• Al
    Favorite Answer

thats rediculas , i never heard of refinancing a car and doubt anyone would want anything to do with that . when you refinance a home it's different and you have to actually pay money to do so but if the money you stand to save by getting a lower interest rate should at least exceed one percentage point and thousands of dollars . most financial institutions would'nt waste thier time on such a matter as an auto loan because it's not in thier best interest given the small amount of money .