can DVD-RW players play DVD-R?

title^

want to buy a desktop that has dvd-rw. I never bought one that had dvd-rw so I'm not sure if it can, I tried google with no results they all think I'm talking about the cds not the players. It says "DVD-RW/LS"

Favorite Answer

It should play dvd-r. My PC has 2 dvd/rw drives on it and I can record on cd-r, cd-rw, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvd-rw, and dvd+rw. All the rw means is that it is capable of using re-writeable dvd's. the ls means light scribe, which allows you to flip over the disc and the dvd laser will etch labels onto your cd's and dvd's if you buy the discs that are made for light scribe. Of course you may also want to consider getting a PC with a blu ray rw drive as well as the dvd/rw drive.

Yes a DVD player that plays DVD+RW will also play DVD+R. The basic difference in the two discs is that the +R is recordable but only one time, you cannot erase or record over it again. The +RW is recordable and rewritable or in plain English it will allow you to record on it and erase it as many times as you would like until you what they call burn it. Then you can no longer record or erase it.

• It should be able to play it, especially if it is a newer drive. The source below provides more information on the DVD formats.

i dont think so but when you put it in a game consol ya it works