On a month to month lease do you have to give a 30 day notice?

my sis month lease is up now im paying month to month but i dont want to wait 30days i want to leave like in the next week. my landlord is just a complete a hole. always in everyone personal buisness. i cant invite more then 3 people over at a time. theres mold creeping in the walls. all my pipes are connected... show more my sis month lease is up now im paying month to month but i dont want to wait 30days i want to leave like in the next week. my landlord is just a complete a hole. always in everyone personal buisness. i cant invite more then 3 people over at a time. theres mold creeping in the walls. all my pipes are connected shower, toilet, and sink. is it suppose to be that way??? it always smells like poo in the kitchen after you poo.and he is banning my boyfriend from being on the premises because apparently he is here too much. is that even legal? i just want out. i dont wanna pay another month if i dont wanna stay another month. help please? plus i want a one bedroom instead of a studio.