If a group would hang a woman for blasphemy, is it a legitimate religion or a cult?

Update:

While we're on the subject, is car-bombing a Christmas-tree lighting ceremony a legitimate religious act?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101128/ap_on_re_us/us...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The article should read "Wrongly sentenced for allegedly blaspheming"

I read the article the other day and now wish I had C & P the content for reference. The woman was working in a field with other women (who were all Muslim) when she was asked by the boss to fetch water.

The Muslim women protested that the water vessel would be defiled (contaminated) by the infidel and that they alone should be permitted to fetch water. Despite apparently receiving threats from the Muslim women; the Christian worker obeyed the boss.

The Muslim women collaborated in giving false testimony that the Christian woman had blasphemed Allah. The link to the telegraph suggests she blasphemed Mohammed (whatever) but it was because of this wrongful and vexatious complaint that an innocent woman is to be hanged.

The ascendancy of Islam will see more and more of these events taking place every day because the militant Muslims will not rest until the "goats and monkeys" (Jews and Gentiles) are systematically annihilated from the face of the Earth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Certainly a cult, but didn't read about this. They just hung a woman for "killing her husband" which she didn't do. She was in adultery, but the guy could have raped her instead. You know how they twist things around in Iran and the Muslim countries. They decided to call it killing since there was world-wide protest about stoning her because of so-called adultery.

• Saint
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Religion and cult are variable terms, and fit into each other rather well at times. The difference is often in perception.

No matter what you call it, it's still disgusting to murder for religious reasons.

• 1 decade ago

I'm unclear about the difference between a religion and a cult?

The only difference I can tell seems to be the number of adherents.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

that group would be self righteously playing God he is the judge of blasphemy. they are wrong.

EDIT: for ASKER about your comment.

No that is a horrible and heinous crime of terrorist who should be given a life sentence harming people that are innocent and practicing their right to live as they believe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Religion" is a term cult members use to define their cult, because it is more socially acceptable.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Moses was a ventriloquist, and God was his dummy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.