Are most male to female transsexual women exclusively attracted to men?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

No. According to the most recent study conducted in the U.K. with a sample size of about 800, the percentage of heterosexual transsexual females is approx 33%. Many of these Trans-women identified as homosexual males prior to transition. Another 1/3 identify as bisexual, and the remaining 1/3 identify as lesbian or asexual.

Prior to Transition, since they are functioning in a male role, a large number of Transsexual females attempt to have relationships with women (some very satisfying.) These appear to be typical heterosexual relationships. Once a Transwoman accepts her condition and begins to live her life as a female, things can get very confusing, especially if she had difficulty with the aforementioned heterosexual relationships. Things can get even more confusing if she is attractive and starts to receive attention from men. It's not unheard of for Transsexual women to find their sexuality seems to change in the course of Transition. What is actually happening is that the her true sexuality, which was repressed as part of her attempt to function in the male role, begins to emerge. Once she is free to live as a female, so too her sexuality is freed, and she can entertain relationships with males and not feel as though it is a homosexual relationship.

So to the outside observer, the Trans-woman's sexuality seemed to change, when in fact it simply came into alignment along with the body/mind congruence. Of course, not all Transwomen experience this. Some continue to pursue relationships with both genders, while others are never attracted to men and identify as lesbian after they Transition - all the more proof that gender and sexuality exist independently of each other.

It amazes me how such a simple concept is lost on so many people (Heather for example.)

• 4 years ago

If you intend to discover ways to take a lady from a man who is definitely useless, and how to show that lady in to a partner you then need this manual https://tr.im/oYBJj to succeed.

With Tao of Badass boo you'll learn all the tell-tale signals a person is really enthusiastic about you and not only seeking to include another buddy to her list. It's when you know you've succeeded to make her involved that you move in for the kill.

With Tao of Badass eBook you can get the step-by-step procedure for falling in passion for women, early signs that she's adding you on “friend zone” and how to change that, the 3 stage check girls subconsciously put you through, the 4 step method women use when choosing to rest with you, attractive gestures, positive body language and dominant gestures and significantly more.

• Ann
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For myself, I do not believe GENDER is what defined my sexual preference; I was attracted to men before realizing I was female to male transsexual. I identify as a gay man, (not as a gay transsexual man). I am a female to male transsexual, which is my 'label', but I am a man, which is my 'truth'. Being that I am attracted to men, I would be considered or 'labeled' as gay. Labels do not bother me unless they are used maliciously. Hope that doesn't sound too stupid or confusing. :-)

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If you wish to learn how to take a girl from a guy who is absolutely useless, and how to show that woman into a sweetheart you then require this manual https://tr.im/5YGXY to succeed.

With Tao of Badass boo you'll learn most of the tell-tale signs that the girl is actually interested in you and not only looking to add yet another friend to her list. It's once you know you have prevailed for making her interested that you get in for the kill.

With Tao of Badass eBook you can get the step-by-step procedure for falling in love for women, early signs that she's putting you on “buddy zone” and how to change that, the 3 step check girls subconsciously place you through, the 4 stage method girls use when selecting to sleep with you, appealing body language, positive body language and dominant body language and much more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J R
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Erica gave a very informative and accurate answer, and all I can say is that it is true from what I've observed. I know a few transsexual women, and their sexual orientations are all over the map, more so than natal women.

• 9 years ago

Erica pretty much nailed it.

I was always attracted to both men and women. I had relationships that were physical since prior to puberty. Hence my attractions were in place long before the sexual life began.

I have had since transition relationships with men and women and transwomen. I found that other women were the right thing for me overall. This is not to say that I still do not find men attractive but I am in a wonderful long term relationship that will last me the rest of my life.

Sharon

• 9 years ago

when you have gone through the experience of changing sex (try it some time...), sexual orientation is a fairly minor issue and not something people get too worked up about.

trans people, male or female, can be straight, gay, bi or asexual, like anybody else. it's entirely possible that transgender women are lesbian more often than cisgender women. i certainly am. i like girls. and i like being a girl.

Source(s): boring suburban transgirl who flies airplanes
  • 9 years ago

im a male to female but i only have eyes for women. i have a gf ive been with for 3 years.

i guess it depends on the person. same as any situation

• sisi
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Yes since they feel like women themselves.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I can't speak for most, but I can for myself. Yes I am attracted to some men. Maybe not what a regular straight woman would be attracted to. I'm bisexual too by the way.

Source(s): MtF
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.