7 cats 2 litter boxes , how often would you clean the litter boxes?

My sister has 7 cats with two litter boxes(one being right next to her bed) She thinks cleaning them once a day is enough. Only 2 cats go outside the rest pretty much are indoor cats. I tell her they need to be cleaned more often. The cats piss all over the house and it reeks yet she can't smell it. They pee on... show more My sister has 7 cats with two litter boxes(one being right next to her bed) She thinks cleaning them once a day is enough. Only 2 cats go outside the rest pretty much are indoor cats. I tell her they need to be cleaned more often. The cats piss all over the house and it reeks yet she can't smell it. They pee on anything you leave on the floor. Already have ruined 3 backpacks of my sons. He gets blamed for leaving them on the floor and I say NO, the cats shouldn't be peeing all over the place.