How do i remove Swirl/buff marks out of my black car? PICS**?

well i just got a 2010 kia forte koup with only 4,000 miles on it, and i already see swirl marks in the black paint because the previous owner did not now how to wash properly. I had the car detailed and when i picked the car up it looked like brand new again. well 2 days later the swirls are back. i need to know how to get rid of them permanently. Maybe re-clear coat? or sand blast/wetblast. im confused. someone help! HERES THE PIC, you can see the swirls behind the back passenger window

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r303/iluvmyeski...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

The process of fixing swirl marks such as the ones on your car is pretty thorough if you want to do it right.

First thing to do would be find a good polish that will do a little cutting (micro-abrasive technology). This will take care of most of the cutting and leveling of the scratches. If you've got the skill/tools, you can use a low-speed buffer to apply the cutting polish, this won't burn the paint or do any harm. Next, you'll want to fill in the deeper scratches with a filling polish that doesn't cut. This will smooth the surface and create a proper level for wax application. Once the marks are sealed in with polish, you'll want to clay the car (to remove any surface debris) and apply a long-lasting wax, such as a poly-sealant (see below). This will allow for extended & full protection of the newly corrected paintwork.

A low-speed buffer is generally user friendly and easy to use in your specific situation. Unless you've got a professional buffer yourself and know how to use one, I recommend finding a local authorized detail shop to go that far (there's a good directory at www.the-ida.com/membership-list/).

Hope this helps & good luck!

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do i remove Swirl/buff marks out of my black car? PICS**?

well i just got a 2010 kia forte koup with only 4,000 miles on it, and i already see swirl marks in the black paint because the previous owner did not now how to wash properly. I had the car detailed and when i picked the car up it looked like brand new again. well 2 days later the swirls are back....

Source(s): remove swirl buff marks black car pics: https://shortly.im/TEL5m
  • 4 years ago

If it is just a scuff in the clear and not a scratch that went through the clear or worse int the color. You can do as the other say and use some polish or buffing compund to rub it out by hand. It might take some time though. I do nto recommend that you try to use a buffer on your hood since you do not sound very experienced and you might run the risk of burning through or making ti worse with permanant swirl marks ectr. But you might want to see what a body shop would charge to buff it out. If it is through the clear or deeper, you aren't going to be able to buff it out. But I really doubt it is, coming from a thin cardboard box. And be sure to get used to buffing and polishing if you want it to look new until you rub all of the paint away. That is one of the joys of having a black car. They look good but I swear dust in the air will make scratches that show on a slick black paing job.

• 9 years ago

Most likely those marks came from a quick poorly done detail job.At best a good PASTE WAX will fill the swirls at worst you'll need to have it buffed again and then properly waxed

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

sorry to hear about your swirl marks in black paint

NEVER EVER let anyone use a buffer on black or any dark colored paint job.

if they do, i hope you hit em over the head with their own buffer

try some of the meguiars products APPLIED BY HAND and hand rubbed out with cheese cloth

try meguire swirl remover(not sure if this works), mirror glaze #7 , synthetic sealer and their yellow wax

lot of work here to fix someone elses mistake to apply 4 products, but i think its worth a try. apply all of them BY HAND and remove with cheese cloth. (do not reuse cheese cloth for different products) use flouescent lighting to see any flaws

check out their website meguiars.com in the professional section

good luck

Source(s): ive used meguiars for sometime on a dark brown finish. at night, looking over the hood looks like a mirror
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

polish. it fills in the imperfections.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.