Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Does it matter where you download officially free games?

Hi, I'd like to know if it's illegal to download officially free games from torrent sites like isohunt and the pirate bay. Also, Is it illegal to use torrents to download officially free games? An example of an officially free game is combat arms. Also, is it illegal to download officially free games from sites that the game company doesn't approve of? Also, is it illegal to download the officially free game from a site that might be illegal?

I have not done any of these downloads but I'd like to know the answers to these questions. Thank you for reading this.

Favorite Answer

If a game has been released as free then it's completely legal to download it via torrent. The only exception would be if the license on a game said "the only official source of this game is WEBSITE NAME." It's not illegal in a case like that, but the company could refuse to support the game or allow you to play on their servers.