Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how many gay people live in oklahoma?

in oklahoma most of the population is gay men and women and kids

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Since you wrote that the most of the population of Oklahoma consists of "gay men and women and kids", and the population of Oklahoma is 3,687,050 according to to Wikipedia, then at least 1,843,526 (50 percent plus one) must be of the type of people you mentioned, assuming no double counting, i.e., gay kids or gay women. According to Wikipedia, in 2010, "The National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior interviewed nearly 6,000 people nationwide between the ages of 14 and 94 found that 7 percent of women and 8 percent of men identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual, and that by age 50, 15% of men have had at least one oral sex encounter with another man." Being conservative by using the figure of seven percent, the number of gay people in Oklahoma would be approximately 129,047.

• 1 decade ago

bull, i doubt very much any of the numbers purported by whom ever said that to you can ever be verified, considering that most of the people would lie, some of them are "married" with children and are on the "down low" and the kids, well its kinda hard to ask a kid "are you gay" and get an honest answer from them as almost all kids would instantly say no!

if you look at the figures 1 in 4 men are gay. 1 in 5 women are lesbian 1 in 8 people are bi, to get a VERY rough estimate on the figures take the male, female and children taken in the last census and go from there.

ofcourse since most americans have an aversion to the census those numbers would be an educated stab in the dark!

and besides who cares?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If that is true, then how are babies still being born? Are they all doing the invitro thing?

• 7 years ago

kathy taylor is gay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I counted six.

• 1 decade ago

about ten percent

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i heard the same thing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

sorry but i have to do this. 525,600....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.