Why does my Intermatic pool timer, pool pump, and manual on/off switch not work?

After making some odd sounds, my pool's pump stopped working. I thought the pump had gone bad but the timer lost power and stopped keeping time too. I checked the circuit breakers and none of them had popped, so i cycled the ones dealing with the pool off then on and got no response. I also cycled the main switch by the pump that sends power to the timer and pump, but still nothing. The only thing getting power seems to be the pool's light.

Would the pump going bad cause the timer to stop working because as far as i can tell, they're both independently powered?

• donnyv
    Favorite Answer

It sounds as if your filters are plugged and you need cleaning , if your system is newer its going to keep you from turning on the system due to some type of blockage

Source(s): have a pool and you have to keep an eye on it
  • elston

Intermatic Timer Manual

• milar

Intermatic Pool Timer

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

After making some odd sounds, my pool's pump stopped working. I thought the pump had gone bad but the timer lost power and stopped keeping time too. I checked the circuit breakers and none of them had popped, so i cycled the ones dealing with the pool off then on and got no response. I also...

Source(s): intermatic pool timer pool pump manual switch work: https://shortly.im/w70pH

Probably just a problem in the way you have the clock wired... It sounds as if the timer motor is being controlled by the switch also. Obviously, it shouldn't: check your connections again. The timer motor should be getting power all the time. You may have the hot lead to the timer motor connected to the "load" terminal, rather than the "line" terminal.. Double check the wiring diagram.

unlikely it would blow it up as well. get a meter and start looking around. likely there is a gfi outlet driving some of it that needs pushed back on. you should be able to hear the clock motor if you listen for it. jumping a few wires under it would take it completely off line. likely the GFI.

Because it broke, you should fix it before it causes any more problems.