Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How can I continue to abuse alcohol without doing further damage to my liver?

So I was hospitalized last week with pancreatitis and diabetic ketoacidosis after collapsing at my sister's wedding reception. Anyway, the doctors ran some tests and it turns out that I have elevated liver enzymes and show signs of advanced liver disease.

The doctor advised that I quit drinking and even referred me to several addiction treatment facilities. The thing is, not drinking isn't an option. Drinking to excess is a very important part of my lifestyle and my professional image. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there a safer way to drink? Are there any multivitamins or herbal supplements I can take to lessen the damaging effects of alcohol on my liver?

Drinking is very important to me and if it comes down to it I'll choose drinking over my own health and well-being. I just hope it doesn't have to come to that...

Favorite Answer

Excess drinking= liver damage. There aren't any magical supplements or treatments to reverse the effects of drinking. Sooooo...it seems like you don't care anyways. Welp, see ya!

• ?

First of all get a female friend, that additional accountability of getting any individual that demands you to be healthful quite helped me. Next restrict your self to two times every week and persist with it. Moderation is uninteresting and quitting is the identical. Set your self a functional target. For me two times every week was once ultimate. I love no longer having hangovers such a lot that I believe I could drink even much less probably quickly. Supplements must comprise a multi nutrition, however a nutrition B complement is a well concept too for those who are not consuming the correct meals. Milk thistle is helping your frame continue glutathione that's a healthful liver enzyme or anything. I additionally take glutathione as soon as an afternoon while consuming. There are different matters that may support like turmeric (I make it right into a tea with ginger, sugar and lemon which slows inflamation of the liver). Also simply be conscious of getting a healthful vitamin, teas are well, veg is best and consuming plenty while consuming is first-rate.

• Andi

You are on the fast way to pancreatitis cancer which is extremely deadly, if you get it you'll die in 6 months. You can already forget about your live style you won't have any very soon. Alcohol probably did serious damage to your brain also, since you think there maybe some supplements that will help you drink safely. You must stop immediately , if its not too late already.

Lots of luck too you

I guess if you don't mind dying, keep on keepin on!