Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Atheists: If you don't believe in heaven, how come you say "Heavens to Betsy!" when you get excited?

Update:

Heavens to Betsy, look at all those answers!

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

can i get 10 points please

• 4 years ago

This has always been Church teaching, but I think you might be overlooking the difference between redemption and salvation. Put simply, redemption allows for salvation. We've all been redeemed through Christ. We're saved, however, by our faith and our works. No man, within or without the Church, has authority to decide whether or not another man has been saved or not. That's been Church teaching since day one. "Let he without sin cast the first stone!" Frankie's homily was essentially about that, and I'm disappointed that Atheists never got the message before now. Moreso, I'm disappointed that so many Christians are too dense to understand what he meant. Regardless, peace be with you. @ Julia - this was not a U-Turn. If it was, then it happened at Vatican II. Granted, there were varying opinions throughout history concerning whether or not SALVATION could be attained outside the Church -- Origen (184-254) even believed that ALL would eventually be saved; but Christ has always been held as the REDEEMER of all mankind. God bless.

• 9 years ago

False assertion.I've never said "Heavens to Betsy.' in my life.I don't know any atheists that have either.Fail,badly.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Don't make too much of it. They probably don't believe in Betsy, either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • i don't recall ever saying this, except when i saw goofy on the disney channel say this when i was a kid, i thought it was funny, i was also 6, and a theist at the time, now the only thing i say that is closely related to this, is when i'm pissed, i say 'for the love of fvcking god'

and no i don't actually fvck god

Source(s): atheist
  • 9 years ago

"Heavens to Betsy!" has never been a part of my litany when I get ''excited''. No good Christian would want to be within earshot of me when I '' go off ''.

• 9 years ago

Technically, Atheist have to believe in God...Because you can't disavow something if in your mind or spirit ...there is some possibility that it exists...It's not that Atheists don;t believe in God or Heaven...They are just trying to disavow their own doubts that God exists...Take Care good Luck

• 9 years ago

They do?

Bother, I must not be an atheist, then.

Funny, I thought I was an atheist.

Or perhaps I've never been excited.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If I EVER said that, I'd slap myself repeatedly for sounding like such a douche.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Atheists know that they are accountable to GOD, however, they are in denial based upon their anti Christ Democrat Religion.

Source(s): The Holy Bible
  • 9 years ago

Never said that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.