Sean asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

Windows vista blue screen?

My computer has got the blue screen of death. I've looked online for solutions and none have worked. It doesn't start up very far for me to do anything. I've tried running safe mode and even running a system restore but everything just leads to the error screen. I don't have any important files I'm afraid of losing so any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

I also don't have the windows vista cd needed to reinstal the program.

Favorite Answer

Best is reinstalling the windows vista

else you can check/reinstall your graphics drivers..

OR

try sfc command

simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

When does bsod happens ? or is it totally random ?

Try this because this had happen to me before. Try to run your OS in safe mode. First try to uninstall the one that last you have install before the blue screen appear if blue screen still appear try this: open your msconfig then click services then disable the "Volume Shadow Copy" or any that has "Shadow" on its name. Then Apply. If blue screen still appear u would need to Reinstall your OS. Hope it help.

i had this problem , try reinstalling windows vista?