Hyperextended knees????????????????

Last saturday i was at soccer practice when I noticed a weird feeling in my knee. It was like it had popped and it was painful at certain angles. I went to my school's trainer, and she said i had hyperextended my knee. Its still sore, especially when I straighten it. When i move it back at forth, i can... show more Last saturday i was at soccer practice when I noticed a weird feeling in my knee. It was like it had popped and it was painful at certain angles. I went to my school's trainer, and she said i had hyperextended my knee.

Its still sore, especially when I straighten it. When i move it back at forth, i can feel the ligament or something underneath almost creaking and clicking. I've also put more stress on my other leg to offset the force put on my leg, so that leg is starting to get tired and sore. I've also been a lot more stiff. The trainer said this was because I didn't stretch my hamstrings good enough, it put stress on the ligaments, and i also have "loose knees".

Is this normal? Is there anything I could do besides ice it? And how long should it be sore?
K thanks.