Which book out of this list is better, more fun, easier to read etc?

I have to be honest i HATE reading idk why i just don't get the spark for it like other people do. Well im being forced to pick a book for school and this is the list:

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

A Separate Peace by John Knowles

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

The Hot Zone by Richard Preston

Woman Hollering Creek by Sandra Cisneros

Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers

The Great Tree of Avalon: The Child of the Dark Prophecy by T. A. Barron

Of Beetles and Angels by Mawi Asgedom

Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman by Ernest J. Gaines

Copper Sun by Sharon M. Draper

Are any of these books good? i man i don't want it to bore me and i like action or something that will make me want to keep reading.

Favorite Answer

Read Jane Eyre. That's the best book on the list. If you love Gothic romance this would be your kind of book. The two main characters aren't shallow at all. Jane Eyre the main character is plain with elf like features while the leading male Mr. Rochester is called to be an ugly creature.

The book deals with indepence, trust, and love. The main character Jane has had a rough child hood her parents died when she was young, her uncle dies and her aunt kicks her out sending her too a awful school. There her best friend dies and Jane ends up being a governess for the Mr. Rochester. Very good book you will not be bored.

They're all GOOD, but they're not explosions-every-ten-minutes stories. If I were you I would pick one of the more modern ones, rather than Dickens or Bronte.

Try A Separate Peace; it's about a couple of teenage boys and might at least be somewhat interesting. Or The Hot Zone, which is about Ebola fever - kind of a thriller, and it's a gruesome disease.

I hope you find something that wakes the spark of reading for you. A young friend of mine hated reading until he ran across the Harry Potter books; you might try those. Books can keep you sane when there's nobody in your life to turn to.