Which two cars would you say are the worst ever produced by the USA and Britain?

That is to say one from each to make the two.

For my money, I'd have to go with the 1991 Cadillac Seville STS for the US and the 1984 Jaguar XJ for the Brits. The Caddy is my pick as it was the epitome of GM's marketer's struggle to produce a BMW competitor. It wound up having the road going nature of a schooner and the reliability of a horny cat. The Jag makes the list as it was essentially developed in the death throes of British Leyland and although it may have featured the performance needed of a high priced Euro lux car of the day, the one that a friend's mom of mine had self combusted one afternoon while we were in traffic on our way home from school. It practically melted to the pavement.

Favorite Answer

Granted, the 91 Seville is not an impressive vehicle. But if you're talking about the crappiest American car of all time, how can you pass up the 1985 Chrysler Lebaron Woodie Convertible. A truly butt ugly car with all of 99 horsepower under the hood and the reliability you expect of a Chrysler.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/413434,17187...

For the crappiest British cars of all time, I'd have to go with the late 70s MG Midgets, after MG decided ot get rid of the classic chrome bumper in favor of the black rubberized bumpers. Apparently MG felt that if you're going to drive around in a death-trap that broke down every 200 miles or so there wasn't really any reason left to need to look good.