Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Will I lose weight if I eat 968 calories per day?

Im a teenage girl

if I have nutricious food with carbs and fibre and stuff but eat less than 1000 calories per day, would I lose weight or would it back fire.

Come on i only want to lose like 15 pounds!

Today:

breakfast: 100 calories

Lunch: 219 calories

Dinnerr: 400 calories

Snack: 240 calories

thats 959. would i lose weight if i kept to around 968?

i usually eat like 1200 unless i binge ...on saturdayss..:L

Best Answer

That's too low. Use this calorie calculator to determine how many calories you should eat to lose weight: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculato... Too few and your metabolism will grind to a halt. This will make it easier for you to gain weight later. The best way to keep it off is to take the weight off slowly.

1

Source(s): Drop 20 lbs fast with this... https://briskurl.com/?pb9rf

weightloss works some way as a parabola looks. The less calories you take in is the more weight you lose until a certain point. Then if you don't eat enough you end up gainging alot of weight. You have to control how much calories you eat. Sure you can't eat foods with too much calories but you can't go day through day eating anything.

• ?

I'm just going to reiterate what everyone else said. You will lose weight by eating only 900 calories a day, but you will absolutely ruin your metabolism and gain even more weight once you start eating regularly again. Don't count calories, just focus on eating healthier foods. Have an apple instead of chips etc. If you focus more on eating healthy foods and exercising a little more the weight will slowly come off. I know it seems like you want to lose weight right this instant (I can't understand why though), but losing it slowly will KEEP the weight off, so isn't it worth it in the long run? Best of Luck :-)

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDNiA

I will try to keep it simple. Your metabolism is basically the rate at which your body burns calories to create energy. So the faster your metabolism, the faster you burn calories and the easier it is to lose unwanted weight. To boost your metabolism naturally you just need to eat the right foods.

You can sit down and literally eat a 1,000-calorie dinner and yet be absolutely starving just a few hours later and the reason is simple: Because your body didnt get what it needed in those 1,000 calories so it sends signals to your brain telling you to ingest more calories and thus, the late-night cravings. That means that the surest way to end those late-night cravings and keep your weight loss goals on track is to eat a more balanced, nutritious diet that actually gives your body what it needs.

It's VERY EASY to lose weight if you eat the right foods. Check out Dr. Charles Livingston's video here: http://www.sexyjese.com - it will blow your mind.

• ppang

Hi!

You need to eat about 1200 calories a day. No more no less. If you eat too less, yes it would probably backfire. You may be having enough nutrition but your body will go into starvation mode and refuse to lose any weight. If you continue eating less, your body may refuse any food that is consumed.

I suggest eating about 1200 calories and burn more than you eat. Remember! The more you gain, the more you have to lose!

Don't Rush it,

Good Luck!

Source(s): I lost 2 kgs following this diet for 1 week.

Of course you would lose weight as that is way too low. Also you will lose the weight but as soon as you start eating normally you will pile it back on plus more. As a teenager your developing body needs a healthy diet to ensure you won't have problems in the future. You body needs nutrients and minerals and vitamins which you get from your food. Just eat a healthy diet and aim to lose 1-2 pound a week. Your body is an amazing system that works hard to keep you healthy and disease free. It needs premium fuel to keep it running smoothly i.e. a healthy diets based on wholefoods, proteins, fruit and vegetables.

Source(s): student of anatomy and physiology

You'll lose weight by giving your body the nutrition it needs and not worry about calories. Once your body gets the nutrition it needs it no longer carries the weight. That, with intense bursts of short exercise are the things that help you become slim.

Constantly watching calories won't do it.

I lost 12 kilos when I stopped dieting and started to "eat for health" and exercise for short bursts of intensity. For you Americans, that's 26 pounds.

Good luck!

Source(s): My personal experience and reading the book "The Gabriel Method."
  • Sula

lose weight eat 968 calories day

you would lose weight at the beginning but once your body gets used to less food you will stay at that weight. you need to do exercise as well and constantly increase it as your body gets stronger. under 1000 calories a day along with a good amount of exercise will help you to definitly loose weight. but only if its nutritious food. if it 1000 calories of ice cream then probably not