Why is my computer running slower than usual?

I have windows 7, Everything that i open up takes longer like internet explorer, ITunes, etc.

Favorite Answer

Could be lots of things. Could be an infection, could be a Windows update, could be an iTunes update. Or just computer clutter.

First of all, I suggest scanning your computer with an updated anti-virus and then with Malwarebytes (free). Should get rid of infections, if any.

Then run disk cleanup and defragmentation. See if that speeds things up. If not, try to roll back any recent updates.

I've had the SAME situation myself. My computer has been taken to the store multiple times for this exact problem. But, the only thing slowing down your computer may be the programs that you recently installed or just an type of download that could've had a virus. If you have installed or downloaded ANYTHING big, then delete it and try to run an anti-virus software like I have. My software is Kasperksy Internet Security, by the way.

Source(s): Self-Experience

Have you scanned for Spyware? If not download, update and scan with Spybot and Adaware. How long since you ran a diskcleanup? Is your drive free from fragmentation? This disease can slow things down. Keep a check on frag levels and also on the free space.

It may be thing(s) you downloaded recently before your computer was running slow. My computer was running fine but after i downloaded a free antivirus software my computer ran slower than usual, so i uninstalled the software and my computer went back to normal....but i then had to buy a antivirus software...help save the planet!

sometimes it has something to do with the network , or it have work for a long time . in fact , i think you can get a cpu cooler , i follow my friend's advice and got a cooler recently , it indeed work well , i feel my computer more free , so maybe you can also have a try , i got the site for you , you can get some details , good luck .

http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&...

Well first, you're using internet explorer. Second, Stop watching porn. Download the CC cleaner, and start using either google chrome or firefox

There have to be two issues:

a. Virus Infection (Use Avast free)

b. Corrupt Registry/System errors (Use RegInOut )

I am sure it will fix for you.

i had the same problem.to solve it,get a different browser and use Ccleaner and start defragmenting because i once had 40% fragmentation and best to start early then late.