how bad is my fractured ribs?

because i have a small fracture in my ribs and our first basketball game is on friday after thanksgiving and i broke my collarbone twice last year and i missed the whole season. so now im pissed off becasue my doc called me and i feel like i am weak and i should give it up(im not though). i can still lift weigths and play just no contact. it feels like dejavu and i cant believe this is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like a brutal basketball game. I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you before. As a nurse, I would recommend increasing you intake of Calcium and Vitamins A&D. Also keep in mind, vitamins E & K also contribute to the healing process of bone. It's early in the season, avoiding further impact to the site of injury may save part of season for you to hit the court and give it your all. Don't quit. Take it easy for a few weeks, maybe set a follow up appoint to check the status of your injury in a few weeks. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Source(s): I'm an LPN.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

fracture is like a broken bone just not broke all the way through. its not good.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.