does age matter in relationships?

okay. this might sound bad...but im 17 and there is this girl that is 3 years younger than me. she acts really mature and i just fell hard for her. i just dont feel like age should be a factor if we truly have feelings for each other. i mean there are tons of married couples that are five or more years older than the other. it is acceptable for them. if this is the girl i feel like i want to spend my life with then should age be a factor?

thanks guys. just for extra details. she isnt the normal girl. she is really really mature. and im not the type to live my life with regrets. so on one hand i could regret dating her because im a sex offender or whatever but on the other hand i could find the love of my life. nothing else would matter to me. i have been hurt before. plenty of times. so it is a big deal for me to find such an amazing person. i dont wanna lose someone like this over three years.

Favorite Answer

Definitely not. Age should not hold you back if you feel like what you two have is genuine love. There are two couples at my high school that are a few years apart, but the difference between them is that one is just in it for the making out and such, and the other truly like each other a lot. The make out couple is 4 years apart and the real couple are 3 years apart, just btw ha. It sounds like you are in love and that is all that matters. So, no, age does not matter in your situation.

i think of it may count at a undeniable age, as an occasion if somebody is 13, going out with an 18 twelve months previous there's a great difference in adulthood point between those an prolonged time, yet at an older age the two if the human beings are plenty previous their teenage years and are plenty greater mature so it does not make as a good number of a difference. it relatively is in simple terms my opinion although! all and sundry has different recommendations :)

• .

Where minors are concerned, it matters very much...she's not even old enough for dating yet, and you'll be a legal adult on your next birthday...

She needs to wait until she's 16 to think about one-on-one dating, and you need to focus on chicks 16 - 18 until you turn 18, and then keep to 18 and up (to avoid issues that can develop when adults date minors)...

I had a friend in the same situation you are in. He went for it, and it worked out for a while. It did eventually end, but only after like 4 years.

Here's my advice to you: If it feels right, do it. Don't give a damn what other people say or think about it.

At this point in life, age does matter, you don't want to be screwing too much with freshman girls, they don't know what the want at that age. But don't worry, once you're an adult, age is just a number.

27 and 30 does not make difference but 17 and 14 does allot of difference. She may not develop something yet.

Age definitely does not matter. As long as your in love and happy, it's completely fine. My boyfriend is 3 years older than me and we are in love.

age should not matter at all but your playing with fire. once you turn 18 it will look bad, someone can report you and you could be charged as statutory rape then forever you will have to be a registered sex offender.

no it shouldnt. who cares what people say! if you truly love her