Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

I need something GOOD to read!?

Does anybody have some GOOD recommendations?

Thanks everyone, I'll see what I can do.

Favorite Answer

night watch series by Segei Lukyanenko (good magic vs dark magic.....but its hard to tell which side is "good")

ringworld series

the sin city graphic novels (see the movie? than u've read half of them)

The zombie survival guide (u'll need it)

dexter series (killer that kills killers, first book same as first season but than changes)

Johnny the homicidal Maniac (if u like invader zim this is for u)

house of leaves (i love horror stuff, but this book gave me nightmares.....and i cant point out any one part in the book to cause them. honestly talking about this book for too long gives me the chills)

Vampire Chronicles (if u saw interview with the vampire and liked it read this series)

Metro 2033 (Russian fallout)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (funny sci fi)

Falling from the Sky ( crazy stories by many authors)

Black by Ted Dekker (everytime guy goes to sleep he wakes up in a different world, one is being taken over the other has a bio weapon about to be released)

Satan Burger (god has made cool new things to replace humans, they have magic and are super cool unlike u)

The Alchemyst (guy is immortal for 1 more month, evil guy trys to take his power)

hope this is what u was looking for :D

Try reading some Cormac McCarthy. He is considered the greatest living American author. His most recent novel is The Road which won the Pulitzer Prize. His other famous novels include No Country for Old Men and the 1992 novel, All the Pretty Horses.

Source(s): currently reading The Road

I heard approximately something like that. yet i think of the living house had exits. and not only staircases that once to nowhere yet doorways that did no longer open or did no longer lead the place you concept they could. Even one door on the two or 3 tale that became right into a drop off too the backyard. i think of it became into on a television tutor yet i do no longer remember better than that. possibly in case you googled haunted homes with some others information you would be able to desire to discover it. Sorry i'm no longer lots help

I have a couple that are worth readingg, You should read, "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles, that book is really good it leaves you wanting to read more, and theres also a second book to that which is also very good called "Rules of Attraction" and i believe he is coming out with a third book in Early 2011. I am looking forward to that!(: And one of the best books of all time, "The Tenth Circle" by Jodi Picoult is a MUST read<3333 its my favorite book, well hope you choose me for best answer [:

Source(s): i LOVE to read<3

Define "good"

If Syfy-action-adventure is your gig:

Read Jim Butcher...awesome guy. His specialty: sarcasm, wit, and sucker punch plots. (The Dresden Files, The Codex Alera)

Mainstream Fiction:

Steig Larsson...amazing Swedish author. His specialty: dramatic irony and plot twists. (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc.)

Richard Castle....you know like the show? There actually is a book called Heat Wave. Not the greatest...but its entertaining.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

You didn't give us much to go on so I will just recommend my favorite.

the new book by jay z decoded or something like that