Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 9 years ago

Help with the movie Death Note?

I know Season 1 came out in 2006 and has 37 episodes, but is there a Season 2? If there is where could I watch it with English Subtitles? Cause I'm kinda confused. Some people say there is a Season 2 but they never finished it? Please help(:

Also is there any movie to Death Note?

• L
    Best Answer

death note has 37 episodes. that season 2 they're talking about is nonexistent.

Death Note was adapted into a series of live-action films in 2006. The films were directed by Shūsuke Kaneko, produced by Nippon Television, and distributed by Warner Bros., Pictures Japan. The first film, simply titled Death Note, premiered in Japan on June 17, 2006 and topped the Japanese box office for two weeks, pushing The Da Vinci Code into second place. The first movie briefly played in certain North American theaters on May 20–21, 2008 The film was broadcast in Canadian theaters for one night only on September 15, 2008. The DVD was released on September 16, 2008, one day after the Canadian showing. The sequel, Death Note: The Last Name, premiered in Japan on November 3, 2006. It was featured in U.S. theaters in October 2008. A spinoff from the films named L: Change the World was released in Japan on February 9, 2008. It is focused on the final 23 days of L's life, as he solves one final case involving a bio-terrorist group.Two dubbed versions of the film were shown in the United States on April 29 and 30, 2009.

Death Note has been optioned for a live-action Hollywood remake. A 2007 article in The Star (Malaysia) states that more than ten film companies in the United States expressed interest in creating a remake.

You are right that Season 1 has 37 episodes, but that was it. There was never a Season 2 to begin with. After Season 1 are two live-action movies -

<*> Death Note: Relight: Visions of a God

<*> Death Note: Relight 2: L's Successors

Sorry there is no season 2. There is 3 Live-Action Films and I believe only 2 has been dubbed. There are also OVAs or DvDs where they show Death Note in other Characters point of view and also Cut-Scene. Sorry this is all I know.