Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 10 years ago

Should I consider benching Michael Turner this week?

He's going up against a good Green Bay defense this week and he hasn't played well against teams with a strong defense this year.

I was thinking about starting Keiland Williams (WAS), who plays Minnesota this week, in his place because both Portis and Torain are out this week.

Favorite Answer

Normally I would say no, never bench your studs. However Green Bay has only given up 100 yards to 1 running back all season and that was to Adrian Peterson the first time they played.

The last two games Williams has 158 rushing yards, 77 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns. That's really good.

In looking at the stats Green Bay gives up 112.1 yards rushing a game, good for 18th in the league. Washington plays the Vikings and they only give up 99.1 yards rushing a game which is 7th best.

Williams could have a better game than Turner but I think you'd have to stick with Turner on this one as he's also capable of catching the ball out of the backfield.

Who is your other running back? Maybe he's the one you should bench.

No way. Turner may not have a great day but still get you somre points. The skins offense is horrible

No, not given who you want to start over him.