What does preconceived notion mean?

thank you!

Favorite Answer

A "preconceived notion" is an idea your mind has created from it's own prior experiences that typically does not bear direct resemblance to the 'actual experience'.

.... or has been created the mind with no direct experience at all, often absorbed from parents, media or cultural attitudes, or common phrases that spread social prejudice or stereotypes without factual basis.

Examples:

I had a preconceived notion about how the party would go, but in fact it was no fun at all.

I had a preconceived notion that visiting the museum would be boring but in fact I found it fascinating.

I have a preconceived notion about people who wear glasses are more studious. ( used on tv )

I have a preconceived notion that blonde women are less intelligent. ( the phrase "dumb blonde")

xx

• couty

Preconceived

• Stu147

A preconceived notion is a thought that you've already had about something before you experience it for real. For example, you might have the idea that all beaches in a given country are dirty, when you've never actually been on one of the beaches and seen for yourself.

preconceived means you thought about it beforehand

notion is an idea

Source(s): smarter than a 5th grader

Like u already had a feeling it was going to happen