I pay 583.00 a month in child support in the state of Arkansas.?

I pay 583.00 a month in child support in the state of Arkansas. I was recently Hospitalized for 4 months. Is it true that I do not have to pay child support for the period in which i was hospitalized.

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Only if you have proof and only if you tell the Court / Judge.

    You have to file the appropriate paperwork.

    Sometimes, it really helps to have other people to relate to - people that are going through the exact same thing that you and your family may be going through.

    I have found the following sites to be helpful to me when I was in circumstances similar to yours.

    You should contact an attorney. Do not proceed with this process without the advice of an attorney, or you could face severe legal consequences.

    Reference these free sites for free advice / assistance. I ran across these sites when I was looking for advice - and needed FREE advice.

    * The Law Guru Site is a great source for FREE legal advice.

    It is free and has real / licensed lawyers. Don’t forget, lawyers will meet with you for an initial meeting for free. Also, nowadays, many lawyers will make arrangements with you for payments on a bi-monthly basis. Don’t forget, licensed professionals, like everyone else on this planet, are having a hard time making ends meet. They are willing to work with you. Just get out your telephone book and start calling all of the attorneys (if you don’t want to check out the free site).

    * The Dads House Forum is for men and women who experience the unfairness of child custody and child support issues.

    * The Guardian ad Litem is charged to represent the best interests of the minor child, which can differ from the position of the state or government agency, as well as the interest of the parent or guardian.

    * The Child Support Calculator helps you determine (by state) what your child support payment might be.

    We control our own destiny.



  • Meghan
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    I don't know about your state, but in Texas, you have to pay something. You can file forms to get it dropped to a lower amount for the time period you were in the hospital- but you still have to pay something. If you were getting any form of payment (disability, for example), your child support would be based on that amount of income for the timeframe.

    But it will take alot of paperwork to do it. You may be better off working it out with the mother. She should understand you were in the hospital. It will probably be cheaper to work out a payment arrangement with her to pay the back support over time than to hire an attorney to take care of it all. Put it in writing- so it's a legal agreement.

  • 4 years ago

    at first she would be able to basically carry jointly new child help in one state, that could desire to be the state that did the divorce and new child help order. 2d, has you son ever tried to have the youngster help decreased simply by his concern? If he's no longer working he has no earnings. i'm uncertain if gathering incapacity and social secure practices is considered whilst new child help is figured. got here upon some good examining for you, see hyperlink below. carry the decide something you have from submitting for incapacity, there must be a paper path of the place his money is going and he has each and every real to a receipt or something tellling the place his money is being sent. good success, and could upload you into my prayers.

  • Lelee
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

    If the mother has enough money to care for them you might get a temporary reduction, especially if the mother is able to work.Talk to the courts. Send copies of your hospital stay.

    Source(s): A very old mother, stepmother, greatgrandmother
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

    nope, you have to keep paying. i'm sorry to hear about your medical troubles but you still have to pay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.