promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why have all these people become successful without liberal conditioning (High School/Collge)?

Abraham Lincoln

Amadeo

Andrew Carnegie

Andrew Jackson

Andrew Perlman

Anne Beiler

Barbara Lynch

Barry Diller

Benjamin Franklin

Billy Joe (Red) McCombs,

Bram Cohen

Carl Lindner

Charles Culpeper

Coco Chanel

Colonel Harlan Sanders

Craig McCaw

Dave Thomas

David Geffen

David Green

David Karp.

David Neeleman

David Oreck

Debbi Fields

DeWitt Wallace

Dov Charney

Dustin Moskovitz

Frank Lloyd Wright

Frederick “Freddy” Laker

Frederick Henry Royce

George Eastman

George Naddaff

H. Wayne Huizenga

Henry Ford

Henry J. Kaiser

Hyman Golden

Ingvar Kamprad

Isaac Merrit Singer

Jack Crawford Taylor

Jake Nickell

James Cameron

Jay Van Andel

Jeffrey Kalmikoff

Jerry Yang

Jimmy Dean,

John D. Rockefeller Sr.

John Mackey

John Paul DeJoria

Joyce C. Hall

Kemmons Wilson

Kenneth Hendricks

Kenny Johnson

Kevin Rose

Kirk Kerkorian

Larry Ellison

Leandro Rizzuto

Leslie Wexner

Marc Rich

Marcus Loew

Mark Ecko

Mary Kay Ash

Michael Dell

Michael Rubin

Micky Jagtiani

Milton Hershey

Pete Cashmore

Philip Green

Rachael Ray

Ray Kroc

Richard Branson

Richard DeVos

Richard Schulze

Rob Kalin

Ron Popeil

Rush Limbaugh

Russell Simmons

S. Daniel Abraham

Shawn Fanning

Simon Cowell

Steve Madden

Steve Wozniak

Ted Murphy

Theodore Waitt

Thomas Edison

Tom Anderson

Ty Warner

Vidal Sassoon

W. Clement Stone

W.T. Grant

Wally “Famous” Amos

Walt Disney

http://www.youngentrepreneur.com/blog/100-top-entr...

Update:

I am not claiming they are all conservatives, I'm saying education does not equal intelligence or success.

Update 2:

Ð.R. East-Coast Elite most of these are not 1800s people, they are recent self made millionaires and billionaires.

Update 3:

History=revisionist lies making America always look bad.

Political science=crap

Economics=embraced classical economics.

Genetics=waste of credits.

Paleontology=waste of credits.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A lot of luck. Everyone knows that education does not equal intelligence or success. There is a lot of luck involved with becoming successful.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Your list is full of some pretty blatant errors. Even your conservative hero Rush Limbaugh attended college (which is where he got his first DJ gig) though he admittedly flunked out after two semesters.

Incidentally, Wally Amos is a friend of mine (seriously!). Not only did he go to college after earning his GED, he has worked as a literacy advocate since the late 1970s. You'd have to go far to find someone who has more respect for education.

Does all this mean that you need to go to college to be successful? Of course not. But it does demonstrate that some people are more interested in promoting their ideology than doing basic research.

• Cougar
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

The majority of the people you have named I would consider liberals.

I have to single out Abraham Lincoln, because in the 1850's he wasn't considered just liberal, but radical.

Don't automatically assume that someone who supported the Republican Party in the past was anti-liberal. The Republicans were the more liberal party at least until the 1890s, perhaps even until Woodrow Wilson, and included a large liberal wing until the 1980's.

• Andy F
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You're wrong about higher education only being "liberal conditioning."

But if you feel that way - please drop out of school, and leave a place for some deserving person who would appreciate an education.

You'll be happier not having to think too much about what high school or college courses might teach you in the way of history, political science, economics, even genetics and paleontology.

And many of the people who choose to study these subjects will probably be happier without your company.

If you're not going to bother to study history, biology, paleontology and economics just a little, I would prefer that you decide not to vote in US elections. In fact, I'd just as soon that you emigrate to some cruder, frontier-type society where education isn't very important. But that's probably too much to ask.

Please do drop out of school, though, if you think you can't bear to attend because of the "liberals."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

So you are claiming all these people never went to high school or college, all are conservatives, and all are self made?

Looks like much more actual research is needed on your part.

• Frog
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Here in modern times, unemployment in the US is at 4% if you have a degree, and at about 15% if you don't. So good luck with that.

My professors were mostly conservative by the way, and I have a liberal arts degree. I started out at $24k ($12 an hour) and now make $70k and have easy job security. The Republican decision to think of an education as "elitist" is pure idiocy.

And yes please, I would like fries with that.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I bet there is another MORE IMPRESSIVE LIST you are hiding maybe entitled, COLLEGE EDUCATED AMERICANS. What? Thomas Jefferson is on there? FDR too? WOW! YOU lose. I guess you're saying you aren't for government funded education, huh?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Seriously? Youre going to claim all these people as successful uneducated conservatives?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Hey hey collage is not 100% liberal institution

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

About half of those people are from the 1800's, but then again, that's as far back as you conservatives usually have to go.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.