Ach! I lost my voice, how do I get it back?

I have a problem. On Saturday morning I started losing my voice, the trouble is I had to work that morning, and then that afternoon I had a birthday party. Other than losing my voice I was fine. However, on Sunday I gained a cough, it started getting worse. Sunday night I didn't sleep well because I was... show more I have a problem. On Saturday morning I started losing my voice, the trouble is I had to work that morning, and then that afternoon I had a birthday party. Other than losing my voice I was fine.
However, on Sunday I gained a cough, it started getting worse.
Sunday night I didn't sleep well because I was coughing although I did take cough medicine.
When I woke Monday I felt really nauscious, but this passed after 10 minutes. Throughout Monday my voice got worse, my cough got worse and I got a throbbing headache and a high temperature. I took painkillers, various cough meds and soothers.
Today I still have a cough and my voice is still bad. I tried limiting how much I speak, but it's still bad.
Trouble is for part of my Drama AS level we're meant to be rehersing our dualogues this week and next for our mock exam, so I really desperately need my voice back. Trouble is the guy I'm partnered with is easily the best actor in our school -- he's even in the top 100 or something in the UK. I really don't want to let him down, even though I can't help losing my voice, but I want to do everything I can to get it back.

So what can I do?
All advice and suggestions appreciated.
1 answer 1