Why do people shave their...?

Why do people shave their pubic hair if it just makes them itchy later on and makes their skin irritated? Is this a trend with everyone deciding this? Do u personally like this or no?

Just opinions

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

There are several reasons to shave one's pubic hair:

1) It's hygenic to do so. Shaving pubic hair prevents the build-up of germs, body fluids or other substances in that general area, thus contributing to the person's general health.

2) It lessens the scent that can develop in the area of the intimates. Females especially, as they have their period, can find a distinct odour due to period fluids sticking and drying in the hair.

3) It can be aesthetic to shave. Smooth skin without the mar of hair is appealing to many people.

As Jessica said: you will not find "skin irritated or itchy later on if you do it correctly". However, skin can itch even if shaving is done properly with a clean razor, and maybe some gel, as the skin becomes slightly irritated due to the rapid regrowth of the hair. Pubic hair grows much faster, and sometimes more courser as well, than ordinary hair found on other areas of the body.

In conlusion, I am greatly in favour of shaving.

• 9 years ago

Well, it kind of depends. Some people just like the feel, some people do it if they're sexually active. It doesn't always make your skin irritated or itchy later on if you do it correctly. I personally don't like it when guys shave all of it off. But I do shave it on some occasions if i'm about to go out on a date with a guy, just in case.

• 9 years ago

I do it, and I like it when my girlfriend does it because it makes

her vagina look more appealing, and when we do oral there's no hair

stuck in our mouth. I mainly do it because of sex, I'm sure others have

similar reasons.

• Lilyyy
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

I don't shave. I wax.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

horny overides itchy every time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.