Lilo asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 10 years ago

In California can my car insurance company raise my rates based on my new zip code?

I moved to another city within South Orange County, CA, and Allstate raised my rate because of my new zip code. I thought there was a new CA law insurance companies can no longer do that.

Favorite Answer

Funny, someone asked this EXACT question last week or so.

Yes, they can. There is no law saying they can't.

At this site you can get quotes in just a few minutes http://SAVE-FINDER.NET/jntvpZT354

RE In California can my car insurance company raise my rates based on my new zip code?

Compare free quotes from dif companies at INSUREDEALS.INFO-

I suggest that you try this website where onel can get rates from the best companies: http://INSUREQUOTE.US/index.html?src=2YAgxxilRM41

RE :In California can my car insurance company raise my rates based on my new zip code?

Follow 12 answers

I recommend you this site to get quotes - COVERCOMPARE.INFO- RE My car insurance company raised my bill because my zip code changed.? But I thought that in California they passed a bill called prop 103 that says that changing zip code should not be a base to raise the bill... I talked to the insurance guy on the phone who said that prop 103 never passed,yet when I'm reading about it in the internet,it says it passed..Am I missing something? Can I file a complaint to the consumers'affairs and the BBB in order for them to drop back my rate to my previous zip code? It's only a few dollars but it ads up at the end of the year..

• Ryan M

Nope, that is perfectly legal. Your zip code is STILL one of the first questions ANY policy carrier will ask. There is a greater risk of your car getting stolen/damaged in Santa Ana versus Irvine for example.

Get the best deals available in your area at: PROTECTIONQUOTES.NET

• Ginger

That would be a stupid law because it would be like saying someone who gets in lots of accidents should pay the same as someone who doesn't. Or, a 16 year old male should pay the same as a 30 year old female. People who live in larger cities file more claims, consequently they pay more.

No...At any place no insurance company didn't raise rates...Cause they don't have legal rights to do like that...And no chance also to raise rates based on new zip codes...

Compare insuran ce quotes