service canada, also took non residents tax, from me also this year.!! about $400.00 so far Plus Goods and?

services !! They love to grab your money :( In early 2006 to get me and others to move to a warmer climat they said on there web site (with FULL PENSION,BUT THEY ARE LI ER'S,after 6 months they started to take my pension !!! NO WAY TO TREAT A SENIOR (THEY ARE SELF SERVING)and no regards to Seniors.. I sent a letter to Service Canada around Oct.4-2010 about this matter,and I never herd one word from them !!! they have to many door's to hide from us.,and law's to fit there needs.I think we need a new Government..I made a Promise to them if they did not do anything about all of this mess,I would report it all to the media,how badly they are treating us Seniors Thank You...

• Fred S
    Favorite Answer

Your whining won't help you get answers. Stick to the facts, and leave your entitlement mentality at home.

You left Canada voluntarily. No one forced you too.

All non-residents have non-resident tax withheld. All countries, including Canada and the US do it. When you file your taxes in your home country, any tax withheld by Canada is a credit on your return. In most cases, the total tax you end up paying is no different from the tax you would have paid as a resident of Canada.

If you spend as much time doing the calculations as you do whining, you'd see this for yourself.