Ipad Or Laptop? I CANT DECIDE! Opinions Please =)?

So here's the deal...on Black Friday my parents are going to take me to wal-mart to buy me either a Ipad OR a laptop.

I cant decide Between which....and I will state my purposes and lifestyle and you can judge which is better for me right now.

Lifestyle: Im a hardcore MMORPG gamer, a 12th grade student, and have no life(my life is in games)

The purpose of getting either 1 of the 2 devices is primarily for gaming-on-the-go.

I have a home computer, Windows XP Home Edition and often youtube a lot as well.

The Ipad as Im aware does not have flash and cannot play youtube videos or play games on the internet and uses wifi as well as the laptop(possible signal loss for both).

The only time I ever go out is when I go to school in which I use my phone in class to pass the time texting/browsing phone because my Smartphone cannot play games.

As for the laptop, I can be able to games in my room playing my MMORPG's on Windows 7 with a possible better system for gaming and could youtube videos as well without leaving my bed, but I cannot take it out in class or if it runs out of battery I wont be able to play my games anymore.

The laptop would have a 2-4 hour charge while the Ipad(as I read) would have a 10 hour charge.

I am also going to use MSN on both devices while Im home(and anywhere else I can get wifi) because I love to chat with others

In your opinion, which is better for me to buy?

Favorite Answer

since the ipad does not have flash i dont recommend it for you. it is also harder and more complicaed since it has no usb port. i dont know if you can play the games with the touch screen but im guessing that would be a better expierience. I would go with a laptop. If you want apple get the new macbook air. i heard that is good and gets a nice 7 hour battery life. Its up to you.

• ?

I'm answering this on an iPad! Yep, you can get a keyboard for it, there is either a dock keyboard, or you could get one that works via Bluetooth (I would reccommend the bluetooth one). You can buy apps for word, excel and PowerPoint (£10 for the app with all of them in) and you can also get the versions made by apple (pages, keynote and numbers) for £6.99 each. I would reccommend an iPad if you aren't really planning to do that much heavy duty stuff, and I haven't really found the lack of flash to be too much of a problem! I can still use YouTube, and there are apps for iPlayer etc. If you plan to use any computer programmes that you obviously can't get on an iPad (such as photoshop or SolidWorks) then you clearly need to get a laptop/computer. I have a dell, and seeing as that's what I would recommend within your price range, then I don't know what laptop to reccommend, I think hp is quite good, also toshiba:)

I would perfer a laptop anyday. Cuz im sure if you drop that ipad one time, the whole screen may break. then what? you cant do anything.

Laptops are better, because you can surf the web faster, play better games like COD and other shooting games, and they are less likely to be stolen!!!

Source(s): Me! Myself! And I!

Let me guess, runescape? Hahaha