what is the difference between Symantec Norton Internet Security?

does anyone know what is the difference between Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 NIS 1yr 1PC 2010 and the norton 2008 version? i used the 2008 version to update my computer, now they are coming up with the what is the Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 NIS 1yr 1PC 2010 and i dont know the difference. can i still use it on my gateway to surf internet and do usual stuff on there.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

As the others said its important to have the newest anit virus software as new threats are being found all the time, and the newest software is both prepared to deal with everything that's come out up until that point, as well as update when new things come out. If you use the old one you'll only be protected from threats found up until that point.

Seems like a racket I know, but, if you want to be safe you gotta just play along for now .....but you can at least try to find a good deal on the newest software. I usually use a Norton coupon http://www.discountspies.com/norton-coupons/ when I order an update each year.

I do like knowing I haven't had an issue since I started using Symantec/Norton anti virus software...I don't like paying for the newest version each year but I really do find it a small price to pay to know my stuff is secure.

• Jamie
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

These two programs may be similar in that they're both made by Symantec, but because Norton Internet Security 2011 is newer than Norton Antivirus 2008, I would suggest that you try using Norton Internet Security 2011.

Below is a link to the Norton Antivirus website, where you can view and compare the different versions of the product, as well as get customer support.

http://antivirus.norton.com/norton/ps/2up_us_en_ni...

Good luck and I hope I helped you!

• 3 years ago

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?PMou
  • 4 years ago

Norton Internet security in a plug-in of Norton Anti-Virus, like an Internet firewall. It doesn't let the latest viruses, malwares and Trojans come into your PC through Internet. Keep upgrade "Norton Anti-Virus" for your windows security and "Norton Internet Security" to keep blocking viruses from Internet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

They are all basically the same except Norton 2011 is a much newer version, id highly recommend only using the newest version of Norton as its much lighter than older versions and much more effective at protecting your PC.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

2011 is the newer version. It is the nature of virus protection programs to change. You cannot set still. Odds are, the version you are running is out of date and will not update any longer.

You can do whatever you want, but if you want to remain protected from viruses, you pay for the upgraded virus protection.

It's a pay me now or pay me later proposition. Get used to it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

nothing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.