What is the best camera for different types of professional photography?

I would like to study 4 different types of photography in college. These are the four types:

-Baby Photography

-Black and White Photography

-Portrait Photography

-Landscape Photography

So what is the best kind of camera for these types of photography? And don't worry about the price.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd like to respectfully contradict the advice iCan offered about lens choice. The cameras are fine, but the 24-70mm fitted to a camera of this type does not offer wide angle. 24-70mm is a good focal length range on a full frame or 35mm film camera - wide to short telephoto. On a "crop" sensor camera like the Pentax K series, it is equivalent to 36-105mm which is too long for many tasks, though a good portrait choice.

Despite the shrinking place of film, many colleges still insist on training students on film, and including darkroom procedures. All 35 mm SLR and rangefinder cameras will do the range of tasks you referred to, but make sure the one you choose has full manual control - exposure,AND focus.

Likewise, all DSLRs are capable of handling all these subjects and styles. There is a case for a medium format camera for landscape and portrait photography, and with lighter, faster medium format equipment coming onto the market at around the $10,000 mark with one lens included, these are an option for some people (you did say not to worry about price).

As a working pro earning a decent living from each of these areas of photography, I find that full-frame DSLRs cope perfectly well with all these challenges, and even the top-end crop-cameras are perfectly acceptable tools.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the best camera for different types of professional photography?

I would like to study 4 different types of photography in college. These are the four types:

-Baby Photography

-Black and White Photography

-Portrait Photography

-Landscape Photography

So what is the best kind of camera for these types of photography? And don't worry about the price.

Source(s): camera types professional photography: https://tr.im/UlvEJ
  • iCan
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Cameras aren't set to photograph just a certain type of thing;

as in there is not just one kind of camera to take pictures of babies, and another for black and white...

It depends more on the lens; like using a landscape (wide angle) lens for portraits would be a bad idea because it would cause distortions in the persons...

If you are really into the photography; and are wondering about a good combo of camera and lens for those 4 different things; I'd suggest a Pentax K-5 (or the less expensive K-7, OR EVEN the K-r)... and a Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.

The 24mm of that lens will give you good enough wide angle landscape shots; while the f/2.8 and 70mm end can give you sharp and great portraits (babies...)

And you can also make the camera take black and white photos in the camera; or you can just edit the photos later on and add black and white to them.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Photography Master Class gives you all the knowledge you’ll ever need to take photos that dazzle. It takes you step-by-step through every aspect of photography – from the absolute basics right through to the cutting-edge techniques used by the world’s most celebrated photographers. Whether you want to launch a new career as a professional photographer or simply learn to take better pictures, photographymasterclass. puts you on a fast-track to success.

https://tr.im/68535

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Anywhere and everywhere there are opportunities to take stunning photographs from the wilds of Alaska to high rise cities like New York. There is life even in a concrete jungle, plants exist as do many insects and animals. The best photographers are great observers, become totally aware of your environment and I promise you the subjects are all around you.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Learn some basics, look for good light, and apply elemental guidelines of composition to capture images that are more like stunning and less like mediocre snapping. It takes some applied learning effort and practice time. I do not agree to play with camera settings willy nilly and snap a thousand pictures to hopefully get a good one. You have to understand what you are changing and why. So begin learning and getting ready to get the most from your camera. Best wishes and happy shooting.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Do you own a DSLR but still take average, boring photos?

Now You Can Master Any DSLR Camera And Take Gorgeous, Attention-Grabbing Photos By Following Step-By-Step Video Tutorials!

I discovered a few BASIC PRINCIPLES that make it possible to take good photos, every time, no matter what camera’s in my hands.

The principles I discovered can turn nearly anyone into an “expert photographer”. When it comes to getting better shots, you’ll be AMAZED at how well they work.

Discover right Now - http://photographymaster.info

Like you, I didn’t know the secrets. I couldn’t afford expensive cameras or classes. But I wanted to take good photos TODAY, not “someday”…

Source(s): Attention-Grabbing Photos By Following Step-By-Step Video Tutorials! - http://photographymaster.info
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

If you're so lucky to have photoshop or something of that sort, try playing with the brightness / contrast / colour for some more added effects afterwards. don't really manipulate it, but you can puts some more darks in to give it that little extra umph.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.