What's an easy way to memorize where the 50 states are located on a map?

So my history teacher, is giving us a huge test on the 50 states, and of course when I took quizzes online I barely got any correct. I know 3 songs, and I can name all 50 states but of course that's not going to help since we have a word bank of the 50 states, but my teacher is giving us a blank map, with a word bank and we have to put the states in every box. So does anyone know any easy strategies to learn them, and be able to fill it in. Thanks soooo much!

• Taylor
    Favorite Answer

Nifty Fifty song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivpUBvOeD

Youtube thumbnail

or State rhyming song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpZIOFrdy

Youtube thumbnail

Fifty Nifty United States

------Ray Charles

Fifty Nifty United States from thirteen original colonies;

Fifty Nifty stars on the flag that billows so beautifully in the breeze.

Each individual state contributes a quality that is great.

Each individual state deserves a bow, We salute them now.

Fifty Nifty United States from thirteen original colonies,

Shout 'em, scout 'em, Tell all about 'em,

One by one,til we've given a name to every state in the USA in the USA in the USA, <- hold out all the A's for 3 beats

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut

Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana

Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine,

Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan.

Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana,

Nebraska, Nevada,

New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York,

North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio,

Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina,

South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas,

Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

North, South, East, West in our common, objective opinion (Name of home State)

Is the Best of the Fifty Nifty United States from thirteen original colonies

Shout 'em,scout'em, tell all about 'em

One by One, till we've given a name to every state in the good old U....S...A (hold all notes very short)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What&#39;s an easy way to memorize where the 50 states are located on a map?

So my history teacher, is giving us a huge test on the 50 states, and of course when I took quizzes online I barely got any correct. I know 3 songs, and I can name all 50 states but of course that&#39;s not going to help since we have a word bank of the 50 states, but my teacher is giving us a...

Source(s): 39 easy memorize 50 states located map: https://tr.im/LkNpB

Try to engage as many senses as possible while learning. So you should be pointing to each state as you sing the song. Try drawing the map from scratch or simply find a blank map and label each state. For some reason coloring them helps... Then, print out a blank map and have someone point to states as you tell them the name. Don't guess the first few times, it could confuse you, if you don't know, look at the answer and repeat it a few times. Looking at state quarters might help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters It's all a matter of finding the best study methods that work best for you.

Sporcle, a website, has geography quizzes that are timed and can really help you learn the states. This site helped me. Also, print out a blank map and try to fill in the states. Some of the states have unique shapes, so you could remember those ones. (Florida looks like a boot)

stare at a map for like 20 min and just say all of it over and over again or draw it a few times

I agree with most of what has been said