Are vampires real, I'm kinda confused?

Ok, so I read the first book in the Twilight series, and first... let me say, it was a GOOD book. I loved it. Second, the vampire I'm referring to is the one in Twilight, if you don't understand what I mean by it, they...:

-Are very attractive and have an almost perfect appearance, they even walk very gracefully.

-Have better sight, hearing, strength, and agility then humans.

-Are Pale, with either copper-like eyes or red (burgundy).

-Either drink blood from humans or animals, but do not need to drink blood (although it will make them very weak).

-Have a special power, for example, Edward can read people's minds and Alice has visions of the future.

-Don't burn in the sun, instead sparkle and glisten as though they are made of diamonds.

-Don't sleep in coffins, in fact, they don't sleep at all.

-Can come out in the day-time, but if it is sunny, they will shine, and can attract a lot of attention, so they would rather come out on a rainy or cloudy day.

-They can either put venom (that'll turn the human in to a vampire) in a human's body, or suck the venom that is in the body, out.

-To be killed, they must be completely destroyed, and burned afterwards, so if you put a stake in it's heart, it probably won't die.

-Their hearts do not beat.

Also, remember that I'm not referring to the vampires who are really just mental, and either drink blood because they are mental, or just for the fun of it.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Susan
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Take out your Twilight book, KK. Flip to the Contents page, which is at the beginning, and then flip back one page. In all that complicated Copyright infomation, you'll find a little disclaimer which says:

"The characters and events portrayed in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author."

That means that all the words between the two cardboard covers which you now hold in your hands are totally made up by Ms. Meyer, especially the thing about the sparkles.

Why would diet affect eye color? Doesn't make sense to me.

How can any creature survive without nourishment of some sort? Doesn't make sense.

Mind reading, clairvoyance...not even going to go there.

The sun gives off light. So to lamps. If you put a vampire under a full-spectrum lamp, would they sparkle? Light still reaches the earth even when it's cloudy. Why don't vampires sparkle then? Doesn't make sense.

Every single creature more complicated than a nematode needs to sleep. If a rat doesn't sleep, it dies in about two weeks. Why would vampires be exempt?

There is no creature in the world which "converts" other creatures to its species by means of a virus or venom. Why would only vampires have that ability?

Every single creature more complicated than a flatworm has some kind of system which requires a beating heart of some sort. All vertebrates have at least one heart. Squid have three. The extreme power and strength of vampires means that they would have to have some kind of equally powerful means of transmitting calories to the muscle. A hemolymphic open circulatory system, like that found in most arthropods, wouldn't work, and neither would circulation powered only by movement, like in a jellyfish.

Twilight is fictional. Stephanie Meyer pulled it out of her head. No one is expecting you to believe it. P.S. I'm Team Jacob.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

The sparkling emo kids that Stephanie Meyers writes about having nothing, whatsoever, to do with vampires-- not even close.

Real vampires do NOT sparkle (what acid trip was she on when she made that one up?)

Vampires often tend to have very strong psychic or empathic abilities but it depends on the individual.

And real vampires are not "mental", they simply must restore their energy levels either through blood or directly feeding of the energy itself. They are not monsters, they are not crazy,they are not dangerous, they are not sparkling whiney idiots, and they are not creepy looking actors with no talent.

Some do sleep in coffins if they choose; however, simply because, well, they're comfy!!

And for the record, Vlad was not the first vampire, in fact the figure of the vampire has been around since the beginnig of time and appeared in ancient cultures all over the world.

Source(s): Years of studying, researching, and writing about vampires.
  • 9 years ago

No but people claim to be, but there are people who feed on the energy or blood of others. Twilight is the worst reference about vampires. Vampires are creatures of the undead, and when humans die the go to next world so it's impossible for a vampire to exist. When your dead your dead. Technically the vampire legends came from a disease called Porphyria that started the vampire legends people treated it by drinking blood. Technically the in the early versions of European legends vampires where hideous creatures like zombies they later began to develop into attractive and beautiful creatures.

• luques
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

it relatively is a touch interesting concept, particular? relies upon on your version of "vampire" relatively, i assume. I mean, I dated somebody that claimed to be a dhampir (a million/2-vamp, a million/2 human) very nearly 2 years in the past. It became an extremely short dating. So it relatively is a question i've got asked to boot. Now then, vampire as "oh my! Garlic?! Run!!!" and fearing crosses and blah, blah, blah...i do no longer think of so. Vampire as cutting-ingredient-day gets-fangs-and-drinks-blood-from-donors, advantageous. i think of it relies upon on a million) what's a vampire and 2) what variety of vampire. those that declare to be vampire do no longer consistently declare to drink blood - some take yet another's capability or "feed" off of a few emotion(s). ok, perhaps no longer so loopy. In a Sci-fi kinda way, it is not so far-fetched. There are individuals which could ingest slightly extra blood than individuals (people can in basic terms ingest lots in the previous it makes them ill). some variety of evolutionary (dis)income? *i do no longer mean to assert "there is not any God" for every person that believes in God, yet whats up, i'm basically attempting to answer some thing. So do no longer leap down my throat regarding the evolutionary bit.* and a few people do of course improve sharper tooth. With the full "feeding off of thoughts" bit, whats up, some people get off while their spouse is POd or crying or what have you ever - some people might desire to get a develop in some way or sense extra finished by using invoking particular thoughts/thoughts in yet another. My take? relies upon on how far people pass. it relatively is achieveable (and on the full God vs. evolution, if there's a God and he invented people *which may be the actual monsters*, who's saying he could no longer create some thing alongside an identical lines as a vampire? i understand for some those that's variety of a stupid ingredient to assert, yet, back, relies upon on how far every person is keen to get pulled into myths.) it relatively is possibly achieveable. Now, am I going to have confidence each and every physique and every person with a biting fettish that comes up saying "oh yeah, i'm a vampire - little question"? Hell no. If somebody's convincing sufficient to you, use your judgement. what's your concept of a vampire? wish it enables. (i understand my avatar seems kinda vamp-ish to a pair people, yet i'm far from being every person's convincing vampire, ok?)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

First off to all of the idiots here-

The most famous vampire was

Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia more commonly

known as Vlad the Impaler or simply as Dracula.

There was a female type of Dracula that bathed in blood.

And she was sentence to solitary confinement in her castle.

Second off I'll note that you have probably never seen a

Photo of Béla Lugosi (Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó)

He did almost all of the famous Dracula films

From 1930 to the 1940's. Also called Talkies.

Appearance- They would basically resemble Béla Lugosi.

Abilities- They would have some enhances strength

Possibly some enhanced hearing, that's about it.

Blood- There are three known bats that drink blood.-

The Common Vampire Bat typically consumes the blood of mammals,

And the Hairy-legged and White-winged feed on the blood of birds.

Powers- Ok Special powers- some type of hypnotism.

But most powers would be more of transformation into a bat.

The type they would probably become is the Megabat

They are also called fruit bats, old world fruit bats, or flying foxes.

The largest reach 40 cm (16 inches) in length and attain a wingspan of 150 cm (5 feet), weighing in at nearly 1 kg (2.2 pounds).

About the few you listed some are claimed but most aren't

Really fact yet. The CIA and KGB DID research some types of psychic abilities. The Soviets were very interested in the research.

Burning- No vampire wears shiny stuff.

Vlad didn't and Béla Lugosi didn't.

Sleep- The coffin is from the European myths and legends

About vampires, ever thing needs to sleep.

Now if they could go in to a type of sub-hibernation that can be induced into humans then that would still count

As sleeping.

For the sun most come out at night to avoid detection.

They need to take a 'host to feed on' so why would

They want to go in the day time?

Venom- If some one was to become a vampire one way to turn

Them back is to kill the 'main vampire'.

There is no way that the 'poison' can be extracted from

A victim.

To be killed- The tradition is to impale the body basically

HAMMER THE BODY TO THE GROUND WITH A

STAKE IN THE SHAPE OF A 'T OR A 'CROSS'.

THEN YOU HAD TO CUT THE HEAD OFF

TO COMPLETE THE TASK.

As for the heart I'm not sure but if I was a true vampire

Like Béla Lugosi Then my heart would beat.

A zombies' heart beats slowly and i think that's what your thinking of.

And by the way Twilite has some major plot holes..

And it DID ruin the Vampire thing.

Also for the record The Romanians think of

VLAD THE IMPALER AS A HERO!

Since he did keep them orthodox christan for seven years

Through fear and he got rid of all the peasants in one day.

Here is two pages about Vampires. pages 498 and 499.

'Vampires are the living corpses of the undead who, instead of giving'

'Back their bodies to the earth, fire, air or water and decomposing'

'In the usual way, are animated by their own or another spirit to'

'Drink blood or draw energy, goodness or virtue from the living'

'Those who have been bitten and thus infected by a vampire become'

'Vampires them selves when they are dead. Vampires are thus'

'Predatory upon the life-energy of the living and have a vested interest'

'In maintaining their own half-life by such methods. In European'

'Lore, vampires return to their coffins at daybreak, when the'

'Cockerel crows or when church bells ring. The strongest vampire'

'Craze struck Hungary in the 18th century, and middle and southern'

'Europe from Poland to Albania And Greece still harbour these traditions.'

--

About Vlad-

One of the most famous woodcuts of the period shows Vlad feasting in a forest of stakes and their grisly burdens outside Brașov, while a nearby executioner cuts apart other victims. This place was famously known as the

'Forest of the Impaled.'

In this forest is a story of Vlad's "sense of humor": a servant was holding his nose and Vlad said to him while feasting, "Why do you do that?" The servant replied, "I cannot stand the stench." Vlad immediately ordered him impaled on the highest stake and said, "Then you shall live up there, where the stench cannot reach you."

Vlad the Impaler is alleged to have committed even more impalements and other tortures against invading Ottoman forces. It was reported that an invading Ottoman army turned back in fright when it encountered thousands of rotting corpses impaled on the banks of the Danube. It has also been said that in 1462 Mehmed II, the conqueror of Constantinople, a man noted for his own psychological warfare tactics, returned to Constantinople after being sickened by the sight of 20,000 impaled corpses outside Vlad's capital of Târgoviște. Many of the victims were Turkish prisoners of war Vlad had previously captured during the Turkish invasion. The total Turkish casualty toll in this battle reached over 40,000. The warrior sultan turned command of the campaign against Vlad over to subordinates and returned to Constantinople, even though his army had initially outnumbered Vlad's three to one and was better equipped.

Source(s): Mythical animal expert and Occult researcher. The Elemental encyclopedia Of Magical Creatures The Ultimate A-Z of Fantastic Beings from Myth and Magic. By John and Caitlin matthews.
  • 9 years ago

The vampires in Twilight aren't vampires. Their faeries.

Source(s): Common sense.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I guess anything is possible but I don't think vampires are real-I really don't.

• 9 years ago

Are you kidding me??? Edward Cullen was the creation of some really good author. Vampires do not exist, ESPECIALLY not like the vampires in Twilight. Please, use some common sense. You'll have better luck believing in aliens.

• 9 years ago

vampires arent real. those twilight books are fiction if vampires were real people would already noe. u can also tell there not real cuz there are A LOT of different versions of vampires. like dracula who burns in the sunlight and sleeps in a coffin, vampire diaries: the vampires can go out in sunlight. please those twilight series are toooo fake. use some common sense

Source(s): myself
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

vampires are not real. But do not despair because the guy that plays Edward is real and his name is robert pattinson. So you have more changes of meeting the actor than you ever do of meeting a vampire.

Source(s): Reality
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.