Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 9 years ago

Is the sound of gunfire not very loud?

I have a question, I'm living in foreign country but heading to US(my home country) next year. I want to practice marksmanship and do hunting when I have recreational time.

Is the sound of gunfire(handguns and shotguns) not very loud but acceptable to your ears? I saw some people who fire their guns so freely that the loudness of the gun doesn't scare them at all.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

You had better have ear protection if you are going to shoot a handgun or shotgun. There are retired officers that did not have ear protection who are half-deaf because of just shooting on the range.

• 9 years ago

Anything larger than a .22 is loud enough that hearing protection is a really good idea. If you can, find a rural area to practice shooting, and it shouldn't be a big deal. Personally, hearing guns go off doesn't bother me at all, but I can see how it would annoy some people.

• Rev
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Gunfire is quite loud and can permanently damage your hearing if you don't use hearing protection, especially with repeated exposure.

Although many hunters choose not to use hearing protection because it prevents them from hearing movement in the woods.

• mega
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Those people are either deaf by now or wear ear protection - guns are extremely loud.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

welll i myself have shot a handgun and im telling you from experience that will make you kind of lose you hearing it all depends

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.