Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 9 years ago

Muslims; If you truly believe that your religion is the truth then you should be able to answer this question?

Your god is said to be all powerful. Which means he can do anything, am I correct? Answer this, can he make something so big that he can't lift it? If yes, there is something he can't lift, hence he is not all powerful. If no, then there is something he can't make, hence he is not all powerful.

I'd like to see how you Muslims who consider Islam to be the religion of God, and the Qu'ran to be the word of God answer this. I mean, you obviously should be able to, no?

Oh wait, let me guess, "Christians can't answer it either."

Update:

@Crystal: No, I didn't. But you proved my point. That's 1 person to avoid this question.

Update 2:

So a total of 4 answers to have avoided my question, and the one person who answered made no sense as to the question I ask was the exact thing he/she stated.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Answer
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1) This is a question not for Muslims but for anyone believing in God

2) Your question asks us humans to think of God's infinite capabilities- something impossible for the human mind to grasp

3) Just because we have the truth in the Quran does not mean that the Quran reveals all truth to humans about God. All the Quran says about God is that he is nour (light in a positive connotation)

4) Essentially, your question is asking if God can make something greater than Himself. The human mind cannot even begin to grasp such a concept so no, your question is a poor attempt at trying to deliver the message you are attempting to deliver. The question to our mind seems like a loop, but that is only because the way we think is incomplete

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Rayik Kollected, I feel sad at your NARROW MINDNESS.

You see for you power has all the meanings that you have described, coz you dont know anything beyond it. Which is fine but its also narrow minded.

You have reminded me of a little story where " A frog in the well, says to a passer-by, that hey, I have seen the whole world. Passer-by asks how? Frog says, up all above is SKY and down below is WATER and thats all! In other words as frog only ever saw a well so he thought he can see sky above and water below so thats the WHOLE WORLD.

Similarly you have put silly question into place by confining the power. For humanbeings power is limited! And I mean really limited. Think about the sun, all the energy that is being burnt there since the begining of the times up till the day, could any humanbeing be able to reproduce it? Even make a 1/100th the size of the sun?

And power is not limited to what you see or what happens around you. When someone says God is all powerful, he means in ALL SENSE!

Not just for creating a heavy object and blah blah blah!

And next time before challenging the power of God, Think about yourself first.

Can you give birth to a Fly? You can never ever do that, this is how powerless you are!

Far as you want to see HOW HIGH you or your status is in front of God then Imagine someone taking a sattelite photo of your HOUSE from SPACE. I am sure you would not even be visible from there. Hence God is the one who created, Earth, Skies, Planets, Sun, Moon and every little or huge thing you see or hear about, Including Your LITTLE SELF, which is not even visible from plane if I fly above your TOWN!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

How many answers would you like to this logically impossible question?

~Creating a square circle: Something is square only if it has exactly four sides. Something is a circle only if it has exactly one side. No object can have both exactly four sides and exactly one side. The idea of a square circle is thus self-contradictory, and so the act of creating a square circle is a logically impossible act.

~"Was Einstein stupid or mentaly handicapped?" Either option elicits a negative outcome but it neccessitates an educated solution. The answer for this question would be quite simply "Neither, these two attributes were not associated with Einstein." The same applies your question.

~ It is logically impossible to create a rock so heavy that God cannot lift it. God, of course, is conceived of as a being who can lift any object, no matter how heavy; there is no rock so heavy that God cannot lift it, and there could be no rock so heavy that God cannot lift it. The existence of a rock that cannot exist, of course, is a self-contradiction, a logical impossibility.

***Now please dear atheists, once and for all enough with this question that is splattered everywhere in the R&S category.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

ha ha. Before asking this question, just look around you. who do you think created this whole universe? The planets are in a specific order and path, that if they moved only a split of a centimeter everything would just blow up.

Look at the sky, no pillars holding it.

look at how humans are made, they start from a tiny egg and end up like this.

You're question has no answer,cause it's stupid. God can do anything. he created this whole Universe in 7 days.

We believe in God cause everything in this world links us to him, and there's no way that a human or a "big bang thingie" made all of this. you're a atheist, what's your excuse?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

STONES have no bearing upon GOD because God is not a MAN that he may have hands to lift a STONE with. GOd can lift anything and everything. Limitations are only for men and lesser beings to GOD.

Thus in order for GOD to have a stone be so heavy that he cannot lift it GOD would have to first become a Man. Which is something that God could indeed do, but would not do.

Source(s): Islam answers your questions.
  • ahmed
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Wow.. thats one long tale lol. besides we gained't decide you or your father in regulation, if thats what you're asking us, different than Allah SWT. Its your loved ones and your lifestyles, we don't know you. And no, killing your very own daughter isn't portion of Islam and doing that doesn't make you a Muslim.Thats basically incorrect, thats no longer what being a Muslim is approximately and that i'm hoping you already know that. terrific of success to you and your loved ones. Your father in regulation looks like a good guy. Salam alaikom :)

• 9 years ago

ohmaigod are you like 6?

Allah tells us that "Allah is capable of doing anything that He Wills to do." He can make a rock (or anything for that matter) that is so large or heavy that nothing in the entire universe can move it.

As regards Allah "moving" it, He is not in the universe and He does not resemble His creation.

Therefore, Allah is never subject to the Laws of the Creation because He is both the Creator and the Law Giver. Whenever He wants anything done, He merely says "Qun! Faya Qun!" (Be! And so it will be!)

Basically.

Allah is the Creator. In the Quran, he says he doesnt compare to any of his creations, so if he was in it then he would be compared to it. He is not in the Creation. He also says, he is NOT like his creation, there isnt anything like him, he is uniquely one.

WATCH THIS VIDEO. it answers your question, God willing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRT_qNN7Pvw

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): people start to think God has human like characteristics. he doesnt, thats why hes called GOD. (i kinda blame christianity coz they have the Jesus god)
  • 9 years ago

lmao you got this question in school? i think it's an IB program right? let me tell you honey, can you answer it? what do christians believe?

You dont need to prove this if you want to believe in God, there are so many evidence in the Qura'an that it was from God, and it's true.

it has scientific facts that were newly discovered, and there is no possible way they could've known them 1400 years ago.

so stfu and find something useful to do instead of questioning god, because you're going to hell

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Just wait for the day of judgement and you'll find all your answers. And i'm kind of confused. Are you trying to convert or are you trying to make us convert to christianity? If yes, then it's not working. Wow, now you want him to prove to you that he is god? Go read some Quran.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would be a fool to answer this purely speculative question.

If God is all powerful, why will He make such a big stone that

He can not lift??? Being powerful does not mean He has no

mind. Use your mind, if you have any!

M J Iqbal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.