how to achieve confidence?

i fell very uncomfort in my life.i always compare with other people. and find myself small in various sector. life becomes very difficult for me. i fell uncomfort with my body fitness. i am 5 feet 1 enchi height man.i feel fear for manything. i am not satisfied with my life. pls help me.

Favorite Answer

This question is important to me. I was the shyest person I knew up until within the last couple years. This is what I have learned.

Confidence is a state of mind. It's basically not caring whatsoever what people think, and feeling free to do whatever it is you want to do. To achieve this state of mind you have to both actively seek to change your mind, and reinforce that with practice.

Consider this quote, it helped changed my mindset:

"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind."

Watch the movie "Yes Man" with Jim Carey. It will inspire you to say Yes to things that you would have always said No to before.

You feel uncomfortable now probably in situations that are rather "normal". If you throw yourself way way out of your comfort zone, many times, for a long time, you will achieve confidence.

A couple examples:

Take a journalism course in college. You are forced to talk to all sorts of people, interview people, photograph people, do stuff in front of the class. It is ridiculous for a shy person to do. But unless you want to fail, you will become more confident.

Do door-to-door sales full time. I highly recommend doing this for a summer if you want to slay the lack of confidence demon. Do not quit, stick to it for the summer.

Do other things that make you feel extremely uncomfortable, such as joining certain clubs, or gyms etc, but stick to them for a few months at least

You'll feel like crying, you'll feel like vomiting. This won't last, just grit your teeth. After a few months you'll feel ridiculously confident in your daily life. Personally I did all of these things, and each step along the way I became more confident.

Confidence is not the same as arrogance; it is a leadership mindset where you can act first, do what you want, not worry about what other's are thinking/doing. You will find that emotions such as embarrasment, shame, nervousness, anxiety seem far away and you might forget what they feel like.

A quote that motivated me;

"I do today what others won't, so that I can do tomorrow what others can't"

Good luck my friend.

Source(s): Personal experience.

Well do something about it, work out, smoke, drink, f*ck, brawl, do drugs. I know a 5'2" guy who would kick most 6'+ males a*ses.