STUFFING RECIPES? NEED A QUICK BASIC BREAD STUFFING??!!!!! PLEASE READ?

i need a basic bread stuffing

my friend forgot to pick up the stove top stuffing from the store

i looked up stuffing online and they all call for turkey or chicken stock,

all i have is bread salt pepper and maybe a few other spices, (can i make a stuffing with just water? or somehow with a cream based soup?

so pretty much does anyone know a stuffing that is bread based easy quick and vary little ingredients because i was planing on making this for dinner

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1739,154176-224198...

• Rab.
    Best Answer

Hi xmistressx,You can make a bread stuffing by cutting off the crusts of bread an making rough crumbs in the mixer. Add some dried herbs and some melted butter and seasoning to bring it all together - don't handle it too much you don't want it squeezed into a lump. Stuff the bird with this. I hope this helps,all the best. Rab

Edit sorry I have just seen the recipe. If you are using chicken just press the stuffing on top of the breast it will firm up in the oven. Rab

Source(s): I am a Chef.

My stuffing has bread AND cornbread, so if you have jiffy cornbread mix you can make up, or leftover corn muffins, you can mix them 1/2 and 1/2 with the bread.

Plain bread is a challenge. Canned stock or broth would be nice, but if you have granulated or cubed bouillon, you could make that work. You'd just have to omit any other salt if you use bouillon cubes.

You'd have to cube the bread, then toast it until totally dry in a very low temp oven. Meanwhile, use a good bit of butter to sautee chopped onions, celery, garlic, and a carrot until soft. Season with sage, pepper, thyme...if you have them. If not, a pinch of italian seasoning. When the bread is totally dry and cooled, mix the veggies and the bread. BARELY moisten the mixture with the broth or boullion, or even some of the liquid out of a can of chicken noodle soup. And I mean just til it's damp, not gooey. Put in an oiled or buttered black skillet (or baking dish of some sort if you don't have cast iron) and bake at 350 or 375 until crisp and brown on top and hot throughout.

That't the best I can do for you, not knowing what else is in your cupboard!

ok u need a basic recipeok here it is >>>>

1 tear up a some bread depending on how much u need ok

2 add celery,or whatever u want

3 add some beef broth

4 stick in oven and wala u have stuffing homemade

i would go back to the store and get it. If you just cut up bread and put spices and water on it its going to be so gross. then the entire dinner is a waste.

Just use what you got with water instead of stock. Wine if you have it. and season it well. It'll be good.