Is it normal to buy a new mattress with one side plush and the other side not the same?

When we flipped our new mattress over; it looked like a flat straw material. Not at all like a mattress should be. All we could do was to put back on the first side and put the foot at the head of the bed.

I have never heard of this being acceptable.

What should we do? .

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of the new mattresses sold today are those "pillow" top ones, they have that extra padded bit on the top of the mattress, most of these are specially designed so that they don't need to be flipped, if yours has a straw like material on the bottom side then you have one that doesn't need to be flipped,

by the sounds of things your mattress is only designed to be used on that one side, if it was meant to be flipped it would have another "pillow" top on the other side,

if your mattress is wearing unevenly like its lumpy or it has deep body indentations & you really need to flip it over then it probably has a design fault so you may need to contact the place you purchased it from, as these new matresses should last for years & years without any issues,

i hope this helps

• 1 decade ago

Over the past 5-7 years all of the major labels including Stearns and Foster, Serta, Sealy, and Simmons all went to a one sided mattress that can not be flipped. It sounds as though your mattress is a one sided mattress. To my knowledge, there is only two manufacturerers that still make a two sided mattress: Denver Mattress and The Original Mattress Factory.

• 1 decade ago

There a literally no flippable mattresses anymore. You now rotate them every 3 months.

Source(s): Interior Designer
  • 1 decade ago

get it swapped for a decent one, you should turn a mattress over frequently

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.