My laptop charger won't charge the laptop battery?

My laptop charger won't charge the laptop battery so I bought a new battery and now this one won't charge as well can someone help me please.

I have a dell inspiron 1525

Favorite Answer

Hello:

The reason why your laptop is not charging the battery is because the charger is defective, not the battery. You would need to replace the charger instead of the battery. I would personally suggest you visit Topmic. Topmic is well known for their great services and durable products. They have free shipping, free lifetime warranty, and 30 days full refund. I took the liberty of finding your charger on their site so you don't have to:

http://www.topmic.com/dell-inspiron-1525-laptop-ch...

Best of luck.

Source(s): 10+ years of computer repair
  • Bjorn

Most likely you have a damaged AC jack.

The port where the power adapter plugs into the laptop is very fragile, putting any pressure on this plug while it is in the jack is enough to break the contacts from the motherboard, causing problems with the power circuit.

Try wiggling the power plug when it is in the computer, if it does not fit snugly then you know it is the issue. Repair is not cheap, and is not permanent either.

If you are in a country with two types of sockets (my country has 110 and 220) you could be using the weaker one (110 in my case) you will have to use the one which is the higher value if the amount of volts isn't written on the socket you can test an object which needs lots of power (like a microwave) on both the types and see which one it performs better on. If it isn't that your charge could just be faulty and you would have to buy a new one. you can also bring you laptop to a computer shop to try if the first solution doesn't work.

Hope this helps :).

I had the same problem with my laptop not charging. I called Dell and they sent me a new charger (plug) and it worked. I would suggest doing that and if not maybe find a new cord on ebay. They are fairly cheap. good luck.

The issue seems to be a/c jack problem of the laptop. It can even be due to charger not working properly

replace a new charger or replace a new laptop battery:

dell inspiron 1525 here:

http://www.laptop-battery-fast.org/laptop_battery/...

maybe the charger is dead,you can try to use the solar charger.I heard it really convenient to use.

http://190449653134627087.weebly.com/

replace a new charger.