Schizophrenia, psychedelic drugs?

Is schizophrenia genetic? I ask because my older brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia so I'm paranoid that I may have the genes for schizophrenia (if it's genetic). I'm also curious to know because I want to try psychedelic substances. Like LSD, shrooms, DMT, etc. Can these types of drugs in any way... show more Is schizophrenia genetic? I ask because my older brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia so I'm paranoid that I may have the genes for schizophrenia (if it's genetic). I'm also curious to know because I want to try psychedelic substances. Like LSD, shrooms, DMT, etc. Can these types of drugs in any way "trigger" schizophrenic genes? Note that I only want to try one of those three ONCE, no more than that. So let's say schizophrenia is genetic...if I try DMT one time only, will it "trigger" schizophrenia? Also, I've already tried ecstasy three times, just thought I should mention that.

My other question is, how can I lead a more spiritual-filled life? In a way, I want to experiment with DMT because I've read about peoples' rewarding spiritual experiences and I'd like to have one of my own. Like I'd like to see what my mind has to offer when it's under the influence of such a powerful mind-altering substance.

Thank you all in advance.