How do I convince my mom into letting me become a vegetarian?

I want to be a vegetarian really, really, REALLY badly, mainly for the animals. Okay so I am twelve years old and I talked to my parents about it. They said that they have tried vegetarianism once before for just a few weeks and they did not like it at all. But I still thought that I might like it. At school, I... show more I want to be a vegetarian really, really, REALLY badly, mainly for the animals. Okay so I am twelve years old and I talked to my parents about it. They said that they have tried vegetarianism once before for just a few weeks and they did not like it at all. But I still thought that I might like it. At school, I never eat meat and all my friends think I'm a vegetarian, and yes, I take pride in that, but I still want to be this way for real, at both home and school. I tried what the "Talking to Your Parents" page on some website suggested but it did not work for me. Mom said that when I'm adult and I still want to do this then that's fine but I don't think I can wait that long. What should I do to convince them otherwise? Thank you.