Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Bush vs Obama: Which one created more jobs in their first two years of Office? Can you prove it?

Favorite Answer

If Bush created 1 job ; that`s one more than Obama has produced !!!As for the dumb azz on here that calls itself Kim Kbbq , it appears that the 13 service men the muslim murdered at Fort Hood don`t count , as it referred to 0 as the # of USA citizens killed by terrorist on Obamas` watch ! Here`s some news for the clueless that blame Bush for attacks on America ~ Clinton Let Bin Laden Slip Away and Metastasize ~ Sudan offered up the terrorist and data on his network. The then-president and his advisors didn't respond.

President Clinton and his national security team ignored several opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden and his terrorist associates, including one as late as last year. I know because I negotiated more than one of the opportunities.

From 1996 to 1998, I opened unofficial channels between Sudan and the Clinton administration. I met with officials in both countries, including Clinton, U.S. National Security Advisor Samuel R. "Sandy" Berger and Sudan's president and intelligence chief. President Omar Hassan Ahmed Bashir, who wanted terrorism sanctions against Sudan lifted, offered the arrest and extradition of Bin Laden and detailed intelligence data about the global networks constructed by Egypt's Islamic Jihad, Iran's Hezbollah and the Palestinian Hamas.

Among those in the networks were the two hijackers who piloted commercial airliners into the World Trade Center.

The silence of the Clinton administration in responding to these offers was deafening.

As an American Muslim and a political supporter of Clinton, I feel now, as I argued with Clinton and Berger then, that their counter-terrorism policies fueled the rise of Bin Laden from an ordinary man to a Hydra-like monster.

Realizing the growing problem with Bin Laden, Bashir sent key intelligence officials to the U.S. in February 1996.

The Sudanese offered to arrest Bin Laden and extradite him to Saudi Arabia or, barring that, to "baby-sit" him--monitoring all his activities and associates.

But Saudi officials didn't want their home-grown terrorist back where he might plot to overthrow them.

In May 1996, the Sudanese capitulated to U.S. pressure and asked Bin Laden to leave, despite their feeling that he could be monitored better in Sudan than elsewhere.

Bin Laden left for Afghanistan, taking with him Ayman Zawahiri, considered by the U.S. to be the chief planner of the Sept. 11 attacks; Mamdouh Mahmud Salim, who traveled frequently to Germany to obtain electronic equipment for Al Qaeda; Wadih El-Hage, Bin Laden's personal secretary and roving emissary, now serving a life sentence in the U.S. for his role in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya; and Fazul Abdullah Mohammed and Saif Adel, also accused of carrying out the embassy attacks.

Some of these men are now among the FBI's 22 most-wanted terrorists.

The two men who allegedly piloted the planes into the twin towers, Mohamed Atta and Marwan Al-Shehhi, prayed in the same Hamburg mosque as did Salim and Mamoun Darkazanli, a Syrian trader who managed Salim's bank accounts and whose assets are frozen.

Important data on each had been compiled by the Sudanese.

But U.S. authorities repeatedly turned the data away, first in February 1996; then again that August, when at my suggestion Sudan's religious ideologue, Hassan Turabi, wrote directly to Clinton; then again in April 1997, when I persuaded Bashir to invite the FBI to come to Sudan and view the data; and finally in February 1998, when Sudan's intelligence chief, Gutbi al-Mahdi, wrote directly to the FBI.

Gutbi had shown me some of Sudan's data during a three-hour meeting in Khartoum in October 1996. When I returned to Washington, I told Berger and his specialist for East Africa, Susan Rice, about the data available. They said they'd get back to me. They never did. Neither did they respond when Bashir made the offer directly. I believe they never had any intention to engage Muslim countries--ally or not. Radical Islam, for the administration, was a convenient national security threat.

And that was not the end of it. In July 2000--three months before the deadly attack on the destroyer Cole in Yemen--I brought the White House another plausible offer to deal with Bin Laden, by then known to be involved in the embassy bombings. A senior counter-terrorism official from one of the United States' closest Arab allies--an ally whose name I am not free to divulge--approached me with the proposal after telling me he was fed up with the antics and arrogance of U.S. counter-terrorism officials.

The offer, which would have brought Bin Laden to the Arab country as the first step of an extradition process that would eventually deliver him to the U.S., required only that Clinton make a state visit there to personally request Bin Laden's extradition. But senior Clinton officials sabotaged the offer, letting it get caught up in internal politics within the ruling family--Clintonian diplomacy at its best.

Source(s): Clinton's failure to grasp the opportunity to unravel increasingly organized extremists, coupled with Berger's assessments of their potential to directly threaten the U.S., represents one of the most serious foreign policy failures in American history.~~~~~~~~Mansoor Ijaz, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, is chairman of a New York-based investment company. L.A.Times By MANSOOR IJAZ

Who ran the country during the bank debacle that caused the recession we are currently in and had no clue that any of it was going on? What party has been in charge of the dismantling of regulations that made the bank debacles possible?

When Bush left office the country was on the verge of total collapse, even Bush saw it and bailed out Wall Street, but luckily the Obama administration managed to stop that from happening and has turned the recession around from huge job losses every month to job gains. Yes, it's going slow and it's still bad but the hole Bush and his buddies dug was pretty damn deep.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Bush wouldn't have squandered the surplus we had when he came into office by sending checks to every tax payer. And then he gave tax breaks when we were at war! That has got to be the epitome of dumb. No wonder the country is in trouble now.

Bush as they hired many to pack up USA Manufacturing base and send it oversea. Newspapers and trade figures in magazines, and than allowed 9/11 tarted two wars pi** away a budget surplus on defense spending The last president to allow for the development of extremely large number of jobs was President Carter by de-regulating airlines and trucking. Obama doesn't have his balls so would not expect a TR and trade limits till second term.

LOL for the period of the Bush administration approximately 5 million jobs have been created. for the period of Obamas 2 years in workplace unemployment has climbed to very nearly 10% it quite is 5% factors bigger than with Bush. FAIL!

Bush maybe created more jobs, but I saved a lot of them

Americans killed in terrorist attacks:

Bush in 2002: 3100

Obama in 2010: 0

Nuff said

The better question would be which administration had less unemployment.